Sunday 26 April 2015

My Sunday

Considering I had to work today, I have still had a pretty good day overall. I got up early this morning and wrote a post for my own blog as well as my guest post for Izzys blog while eating a delicious breakfast. I had a bowl of honey oats topped with a banana as well as two slices of toast with honey nut spread. I had to work today so took my dog Tess for a quick walk early. It was freezing cold and terribly windy so I was glad when I got back home and could warm up by the fire for a little while before going to work.

I really like the people who I work with at the supermarket on the weekends so the day went pretty fast even though it wasn't very busy. Iam very lucky as everyone who Iwork with on the weekends knows about my anorexia and they are all great listeners and very supportive. Something that really annoyed me today was that two different customers at two different occasions told me that I should eat something and gain weight. The first man had overheard me telling the person I was working with that I was cold and he said, "maybe you should eat something then and gain some weight." I didn't know what to say so just ignored him.

The second man just came straight out and said, "gee your thin, you should eat more!" I attempted to tell him that I actually eat alot and then he accused me of lying, as "I couldn't posssibly." I wish now that instead of trying to justify myself, I had just told him to mind his own business. I know I have already written a post about how these comments annoy me which you can read here, but for two people to make these comments on the one day really did bother me.

I think the reason it is bothering me more then it usually does is because I am trying so hard at the moment to gain weight and I am eating so much. I don't think that anyone has the right to comment on how I look and don't see how it is any better than telling an overweight person that they are too fat and that they need to eat less. I know that I am thin but I don't need anyone else to point that out to me and I am currently doing everything I can to change it.

These comments surprised me as I honestly thought that I was beginning to look healthier. While I know I am still thin, I did not think that I looked thin enough so that people would notice and comment. It has made me doubt what I see when I look in the mirror and wonder how much of what I see is real. If these rude comments have done anything positive, it has made me realise that the way I see my body is still very distorted. It has reminded me that I shouldn't trust myself to decide how my body really looks as I approach my goal weight as I will more than likely think that I look a lot bigger then I actually am.

Luckily we only had to work until 4:30 today so there was still enough time for me to walk my dog and cook some chocolate muffins before making myself some tea. The chocolate muffins turned out really well and I am sure I will enjoy them for morning tea each day this week, along with a Up and Go meal supplement drink. For tea I felt like pasta as well as vegies so that is exactly what I had. For the rest of the evening I just plan on relaxing, blogging and watching television (the perfect Sunday night if you ask me). I hope that everyone is having a fantastic weekend!

My lunch; Nutella on 2 hot crumpets, 1 large apple and grapes

Tea; Tomato, onion and basil pasta topped with parmesan cheese and vegetables on the side 

My chocolate muffins :)


No comments:

Post a Comment