Saturday 29 August 2015

Waking up happy

I love waking up feeling positive and happy and luckily that is exactly how I woke up this morning. The first thing I noticed as soon as I woke up is that the worst part of my cold has finally passed. My throat feels completely fine, my nose is no longer running ad is head is no longer feeling congested and achy. I am not the type of person who complains or feels sorry for myself whilst I am sick but I must admit it was a nice feeling waking up this morning and feeling so much better today.

I think it is so easy to take feeling healthy for granted and it is only when you have been unwell and then start feeling better again that you really appreciate feeling well and healthy. My mind feels so much clearer and luckily, all of my thoughts are positive ones. I can allready tell that today is going to be a really good day and  I don't mind at all that I have to work. 

At the moment it is raining so I dont know if I will be able to take poor Tess for a walk or not. I feel fine at the prospect of not taking her for a walk wich is really good, as not being able to exercise would have made me quite anxious, not that long ago. Being a farm girl, you would never catch me complaining about the rain anyway as we are desperate need of it. So I am thrilled that it is raining really and hope that it contiues to rain all day.

Like we often are here, we are in the middle of a drought which is pretty awful. It literally means that there is no grass for our sheep and that they therefore are starving. We feed them as much grain and hay as possible but of course this is extremely expensive and we just cant afford to feed them that much. What makes things worse is that we are lambing at the moment and because the ewes are quite weak, it is even harder for them to give birth to their lambs and look after them. :(

I am glad that I am feeling better and more energetic as this has really ended up being quite a busy weekend with, working both today and tomorrow and also going out tonight with some friends. I am so glad that  am not feeling anxious or sressed about going out tonight as I oce would have been, just happy and excited! 

I hope that everyone has a great weekend. Does anyone have anything interesting planned? x


    

No comments:

Post a Comment