Saturday 13 June 2015

Feeling frustrated

Unfortunately I woke up this morning with a skin infection on my forehard just between my eyes. This seems to happen to me all the time which is so frustrating. As soon as my skin seems to start clearing up and looking good, I get another skin infection which makes me incredibely self conscious. It is very red and extremely painful too.

Usually these skin infections only flare up when my immune system gets low but as far as I know I am currently healthy. However my throat has been a little sore today so perhaps I am getting a cold. I have some antibiotics so hopefully it starts to get better soon. Last time I had a skin infection in this same spot, the infection actually moved into my eye. I have started taking antibiotics so hopefully that wont happen this time.

Not only is it red and sore whilst I have the infection, but since my skin doesn't heal very well, the sore seems to stay there on my face for ages and it usually scars too. It is just so frustrating. I am finally starting to look healthier but am still too embarrassed to go anywhere as I think it looks so awful. I just hope it is a little better before work on Monday.

I am sorry for making a big deal out of this, I know everyone struggles with their appearance sometimes but this is just something that I really hate about myself. But I know that getting upset and down wont fix anything. In fact if anything, stressing about it could make my skin even worse.

I just need to remember what truly matters. Not always looking perfect on the outside but feeling happy and heathy. My skin will eventually get better but until then I just need to focus on my recovery and not let anything stand in my way.

3 comments:

  1. I think it's okay to feel angry about a skin infection. It's a good goal to feel comfortable in your body, but it's not possible every day and it's okay to let your anger out!
    Your body is going through so many changes at the moment ... maybe it is a bit confused.
    Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anna <3 This comment has made me feel so much better about everything! :D xx

      Delete
  2. I agree, it is probably your body reaching healthiness and going through so many changes that has led to the skin infection. I am sorry for you, but try to appreciate the fact that your body is now healthy enough to be able to cope with such things, otherwise it would not have happened! I really am sorry you have to go through such pain, but I hope that the antibiotics work and you heal quickly! Xxx

    ReplyDelete