Friday 5 June 2015

Get help before its too late


Something I cant stress enough is how important it is to get help if you feel as though you may be developing anorexia, before it actually happens. Nothing positive at all comes out of developing an eating disorder like anorexia. I can guaruntee that fighting for a healthy relationship with food will be 1000 times easier from an almost anorexic state, then from a completely anorexic state. The only way you can avoid the awful pain of recovery and survive, is to never become anorexic in the first place.

While my illness was developing, I was in denial about what was happening to me but deep down, I still knew that what I was doing to my body and my relationship with food wasnt healthy. I was restricting what I ate and making myself vomit after eating anything that was unhealthy. If I had known what my unhealthy behaviours were going to lead to, there is no way I would have continued them. Anorexia is the most painful thing I have ever experienced and while I have never seriously thought about ending my own life because of it, I can definetely see why so many anorexics do.
I did not know such a pain existed as what I have experienced because of my anorexia. I am not telling you all of this because I feel sorry for myself, or because I want others to feel sorry for me because I dont. I only want others to realise just how awful anorexia is, so that they can avoid it at all costs. It makes me so mad when people talk about wanting to be anorexic, so they can be thin. I know that if they knew the actual pain involved with anorexia, they would never even dare to say this type of thing, even as a joke. 

I would not wish this illness on my worst enemy, I would not even wish it on a murderer. No one deserves anything as cruel as anorexia. So please, if you feel as though you may be developing anorexia, get help before it actually happens. Unfortunately so many people lose their lives to anorexia and if you dont get help before its too late, this could be you. And if you dont die, you will have to put yourself through a lot of horrific pain, in order to actually recover and get your life back.



No comments:

Post a Comment