Tuesday 2 August 2016

'She believed she could so she did'

Since I only briefly talked about my new tattoo in my last post, I thought I would dedicate a whole post to my tattoo and the meaning behind it. I have wanted a tattoo for about 12 months now, so took advantage of the opportunity to get one when my boyfriend and I went to Melbourne for the weekend. Although I never intended to get one quite so big, I absolutely love my new tattoo and wouldn't change a single thing about it.

I wanted a tattoo that represented my recovery from anorexia and couldn't think of a more special or relevant quote to me than 'She believed she could so she did.' To me, this means that all you need to do in order to make your dreams come true is to believe in yourself. I honestly believe that anyone can recover if they believe it is possible and that they can do it. Now I have done something as seemingly impossible as recovering from anorexia, I really do believe I am capable of doing anything I set my mind to.

Ever since my mum bought me a dream catcher as a child and hung it above my bed, I have loved the idea of how dream catchers 'filter' your dreams. I have also always loved dream catcher tattoos as I yhink they look really effective. The following website explains the actual meaning of a dream catcher tattoo really well;
The tattoo signifies that harmful dreams are chased away and positive dreams will stay, bring protection to the one who wears the ink. 




4 comments:

  1. I really love this. Thank you for elaborating a little more. I was wondering what the dream catcher meant to you. I like that you chose something a little different for a recovery tattoo. Not that it has any impact on me, and I'm not about to tell people what to do with body mods, but I do get a bit tired of seeing so many people getting the NEDA symbol. I really like the originality and individuality of yours.

    Personally, I want a Phoenix one day, to symbolize change and being reborn from ashes, probably covering most of my forearm. That's been on my list since I was about 14. And an ankh on my nape, as they've always been very special to me. One day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries Bella :) I had never seen a dream catcher recovery tattoo before but to me a dream catcher is very relevant. Afterall recovery is about leaving the nightmare of your eating disorder behind you and making your dreams come true!

      A pheonix is a wonderful idea Bella. I can picture that would look absolutely stunning on you and it holds a special meaning too which is important! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous! You're a true inspiration Karly! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun. I hope you are doing ok. It sounds as though things are hard right now but I know you will get through this. You are one of the strongest people I know <3 xxx

      Delete