Saturday 9 April 2016

Accidental weight loss

I was very surprised when I went into the blood bank yesterday morning to donate blood when they wouldnt let me donate as I just fell under the minimum weight requirement. Up until a few weeks ago, I had weighed enough to donate blood and I hadnt been trying to lose weight in any way so I was shocked that it had happened.

This has come as an inportant reminder to me that even though I am doing really well in terms of my recovery, I still am not like everybody else. I do lose weight very easily and I therefore need to make an extra effort to eat more often then others and sometimes larger amounts then others too.

I think that the main difference between me and others is that my body needs a constant energy supply, in the form of 6 meals a day. This can be really hard when everyone around me only eats 3 or 4 times a day but obviously skipping snacks, even when I am eating more for main meals, just isnt something my body can cope with yet.

Perhaps oneday, when my weight has stayed healthy and stable for a longer period of time I will be less susceptible to weight loss, but until then,  I just need to do what is right for my body and my health. I guess it is a good sign that I have not found this recent weight loss pleasing at all. If anything I have just felt dissapointed and concerned.

I have absolutely no desire to lose anymore weight and hope that I can gain back those few kilos I have managed to accidentely lose. Afterall, I know that my body is happier and healthier at that slightly higher weight and looking after my body is the most important thing. If the weight loss does continue, I will go to the doctor just to make sure nothing is wrong and there isn't another underlying cause of this unexpected weight loss.



2 comments:

  1. On the upside, maybe the prospect of being able to donate blood again might help motivate you to get back to the weight you were? I think it's definitely a good thing you're not celebrating the loss. It's wonderful to read you recognize that you're happier and healthier at a higher weight.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was mainly just concerned when I realised I had lost weight and it came as a real shock to me. My boyfriend was unhappy about it too which helps me as it makes me want to gain weight back to make him happy so that he stops worrying. I suppose I should just make the most of the fact that my body needs more food then most people and just enjoy eating nice foods! Its not a bad thing, ai just have to make a conscious effort to eat more often, even when im not hungry! :) xx

      Delete