Sunday 10 April 2016

Believe you can recover and you will

I think something very important to always remember is that recovery is possible for everyone, you just have to believe it is possible and believe that you can do it. Although it may not  seem like it sometimes, no one is ever to sick to recover. I realise that this may not seem all that convincing, coming from someone who battled anorexia for less then 5 years before recovering.  however there are hundreds of successful recovery stories of people who have battled for more then 20 or 30 years. So please remember that you can recover, no matter how sick you are and no matter how long you have been battling.

If you dont believe you can do it, you wont be able to find the strength to fight your anorexia, each time you need to do so throughout the recovery process. This means that you will just give into whatever your anorexia tells you and you will fail to make any recovery progress. Afterall in order to recover you need to consistently and continuously be stronger then your anorexia until it loses all the power it once had in your life!







2 comments:

  1. This is so true Karly. After 35 years I'm so on target for a full recovery. I've been challenging my thoughts and with my shrink working on issues that is behind my disorder. One thing I wish I could relay to all girls is that this disorder doesn't go away by itself. We need to guard our hearts and minds. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how happy i am to hear this Sonya. What you are doing takes so much courage and strength and you should be incredibely proud of yourself. Keep fighting for the wonderful life you truly deserve Sonya! :) xx

      Delete