Monday 5 October 2015

Best summer yet

Even though it is only the second month of spring, the weather has been particularly hot over the last week or so. Although I have been working a lot so haven't been able to take full advantage of the beautiful weather, I have still really enjoyed walking Tess in the mornings and evenings and the warm weather really has made me start to feel excited for summer.

Summer has always been my favourite season however I haven't really enjoye one since back in 2011, before I developed my eating disorder. The last few summers I have been far too anorexic to do all of the great things that I think summer is all about.

I have missed out on lots of things over the last few years like heading to the beach with my family, going for a swim, eating icecream, drinking with friends, going to barbeques and spending time outdoors. Now that I am healthy and feel like my old self again, I am so excited for this summer and plan to make it my best Summer yet.

I have already made plans to go camping with friends, go swimming at the beach and river with my sister, go out and meet new people and do some partying too. I am also hoping to get to a music festival of some kind. Of course I will still have to work, but on my days off and on weekends I plan to get out and truly enjoy the sunshine.




4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a fabulous summer my dear! It's approaching winter here in the UK. It seems so funny that you're approaching summer! <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! Yes I am glad winter is finally over here in Australia. I hope your winter isnt too cold, our was FREEZING! X

      Delete
  2. Yes!! Those are some memory-making plans right there :) I miss going to the beach so much, though for me it's primarily an issue of social isolation. I've always loved summer though. Something about the weather warming up gets me so excited!

    <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the warmer weather seems to make me feel more positive and uplifted too. :) I hope that this summer is better then your last gorgeous. You so deserve to be happy! Xx

      Delete