Tuesday 13 October 2015

Food guilt

Over the last few weeks, I have really noticed just how little guilt I am beginning to feel over food. I was always far too frightened to eat anything spontaneously or unplanned as I knew how guilty I would feel but I can honestly say, even though I have been doing this a lot lately, I have not been feeling any guilt.

I have been snacking on little thinks like grapes, lollies and small chocolate pieces throughout the day on top of my regular intake and it honestly doesn't worry me that I am eating extra. I have finally realised that food is not something tobe frightened of or that can hurt me. It is just a normal part of life that we really dont need to think so much about.

I have always felt guilty for eating when I am not really hungry but luckily this way of thinking is starting to dissappear also. There is nothing wrong with eating sometimes, even when you dont feel hungry but instead for other reasons. For example you may just want to eat something to be sociable, because it tastes good or because you feel like it.

For years food is something that has been very closely associated with guilt for me but I am so happy that this is no longer the case. Feeling guity all the time over food is wrong and I highly reccommend you try to overcome this, as I am starting to do. Even though I still have a long way to go before eating is completely guilt free to me, I can already see the difference that the progress I have made is making to my happiness and my recovery.







2 comments:

  1. This was such a great post to read Karly! You seem to be so free without all the overwhelming guilt that with anorexia goes with eating. I can't wait to be like you, with so much less guilt around food! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Annie. Keep fighting and you WILL get there! Xx

      Delete