Wednesday 28 October 2015

realising what truly matters

As I was walking Tess yesterday morning I was looking at my phone (I know, stupid idea) and almost tripped on a piece of cement. Luckily I stopped myself from falling but unfortunately I dropped my phone. My phone was laying face down so I was almost too frightened to pick it up as I was frightened it may be broken. When I did pick it up my fears were realised and I could see that the whole screen had shattered.

My first thought was 'Oh crap' but then I realised that it was only a phone and it stil worked so it really wasn't a big deal. In my opinion, one of the only good things that have come through me having anorexia as well as overcoming it is that it has made me realise what is truly important in life. I mean at the end of the day, who cares if your phone screen is cracked. Being happy and healthy really is all that matters!

I now think the same way about things like going to uni and getting a degree. I mean sure, if that is what you ttruky want to do, well go for it! But if you are like me and can't healthily study, then DONT. Getting a degree really isnt worth being unhappy or unhealthy for. Now that I have left university I have been able to recover from my eating disorder and I am the happuiest I have ever been in my life and that s what truly matters.

I mean as I sit hear, thinking about the things that truly matter in life, I can see that I am incredibely lucky and blessed.
  • I have two jobs that may not be impressive or high paying, but I enjoy them and am able to be financially independent due to them. 
  • I have a beautiful dog who I love taking for walks and who I would be absolutely lost without. 
  • I have a wonderful family, who are all so proud of me for fighting my anorexia and beating it and who I know are always here for me, if ever I need them. 
  • I may not have heaps of good friends, but the ones I have are truly amazing! 
after being so sick, i have come to realise that every day really is a gift and that i shouldnt spend time worrying about silly little things. I should just be happy for everything and everyone I have in my life, because my life really is wonderful <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment