Saturday 3 October 2015

Not everyday is great, but there is something great in every day

Something that I always try to remind myself, is that there is always something to be grateful for and that if you try really hard, you will always be able to find a bright side to almost every situation. For example, even though it is AFL grand final weekend and I have to work all weekend I am trying my hardest to stay positive.

After thinking about it for a while this morning, I realised that even though I have to work all weekend, there were still many positives about today that I can concentrate on;

1. Since it is the weekend, I get paid weekend rates which means I earn a lot more money
2. I finish work at 4:30 both today and tomorrow so wil have enough time to take tess for a nice walk after work each afternoon before Tea
3. I am working with my mum which will be good as I will be able to send a bit of time with her (it seems as though I haven't caught up with her for ages)
4. Since it is school holidays and also grand final day today, it is going to be busy so the day should go nice and fast
5. My boss is really nice so he will let us have the AFL grand final on to watch whilst we are working
6. It is supposed to be really hot today which is great as the shop wont be feezing cold like it usually is
7. I am healthy enough to do all of this extra work as once I would not have been capable of it
8. Although working so much can be a bit of a drag at the time, it will make me appreciate my time off when I finally do have it. I have already made plans for my best friend to come up and stay for he weekend on my next weekend off. :)

So as you can see, usually you can find positives in most situations and by concentrating on the positives instead of the negatives, you will be much happier for sure. Afterall, life is way to short to spend it unhappy and always concentrating on the negatives!

Some people may believe that you are born an optimistist or a pessimist and while this may be true, this does not mean youcan not change from one to the other if you work on it. I honestly believe that I have only become such an optimist since I have
started forcing myself to see the positives in every situation. Now, I seem to think positive most of the time and without even trying!

No matter what, I always have a smile on my face and try to bring some positivity into other peoples lives too, by always being polite and happy. I love being such an optimistic person now and highly encourage you to give it a go. It could help you in your recovery as well as just making your life happier and more positive :)

No comments:

Post a Comment