Wednesday 21 October 2015

Eating more sometimes wont change your weight

After this past weekend, I couldnt help but wonder whether all the extra food and calories I consumed would have effected my weight or not. Especially on saturday, I think I would have easily consumed 4500 calories between eating out, my normal meals as well as all the alcohol I drank. A couple of times I started to think about how much I was eating but I just kept trying to remind myself that the extra calories couldnt hurt me. And that having fun and enjoying myself was much more important.

I can honestly say I have not tried to compensate for eating more over the weekend since then and was a little reluctant to stand on the scale this morning. I wasnt really scared of gaining a bit of weight but just felt a little strange as I had no idea what would have happened to my weight. Of course,my weight was exactly the same as it had been exactly one week ago which jusg proves what ai gave heard so many times before but failed to believe.

Eating more sometimes DOESNT suddenly make you gain weight. Our bodies do not count calories and gain or lose weight systematically like some kind of calculator. Our bodies have lots of mechanisms in place to keep our weights relatively stable if they are at a natural and healthy weight. It is only when someone continues to consume a large excess of calories or are very inactive over a long period of time that they will gain weight.

The same goes with losing weight. Eating slightly less, or even a lot less over a single day most likely wont change your weight. It is only if someone starves themselves over a significant amount of time that they will loose weight. So now I have proven to myself that eating more sometimes doesnt cause significant weight gain, I feel more at ease when it comes to eating and food which is a great feeling. I feel like I no longer overthink eating like I used to and am learning to just trust my body to look after me.

I hope that this experience I have had helps you to realise that food and extra calories are not something to be frightened of like I now have. Our bodies can deal with these things just fine and will look after us asclong as we look after it and give it the nourishment and care it deserves.


No comments:

Post a Comment