Sunday 26 April 2015

brave girl eating



Since getting anorexia, I have read various books on the topic but the most amazing book I have read is 'Brave girl Eating'. In fact, over the past few years I have read it three times. Brave girl eating is written by a lady called Harriet Brown. While Harriet Brown has never suffered from an eating disorder, her daughter Kitty has.


Harriet Brown writes about the struggles that her daughter went through while battling her illness as well as how it effected the entire family. Something I found truly amazing is the amount of knowledge Harriet Brown has about eating disorders, even though she has not personally suffered from one. She did a lot of research on the topic and has included this research throughout her book which I found really interesting.


Harriet Brown was able to explain exactly what I have been thinking and feeling over the past three years better then I have ever been able to explain it myself. I came accross many similarities between the authors daughter Kitty and myself which is another reason why I felt connected to the book.


I highly recommend reading this book if you are suffering from an eating disorder yourslef as it really helped me understand why I was feeling the way I was. I also highly reccommend getting your family to read this book if you have anorexia as I think it will really help them to understand what you are going through. I tried so hard to get my mum to read this book as I thought it may be able to help her understand but unfortunately she refused to.



I have always believed that no one can understand what anorexia is like unless you have been through it yourself but I think that Harriet Brown is an exception to this, I think that she does truly understand and that comes through in her writing.
If you are interested in reading this book but want to find out a little bit more about it before buying it, go to THIS SITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment