Tuesday 21 April 2015

food is my medicine

As I was trying to pack all of the food I eat throughout the day into my lunch box this morning, I soon realised that it just wasn't possible. This made me think about how much more food I seem to eat then everybody else. The thing is, I do eat alot more then everybody else but I know better then to let that bother me.

The thing I always try to remember is that food is my medicine. It is the thing that will make me healthy and strong. Someone suffering from diabetes wouldn't deny themselves of insulin just because normal people dont have to have insulin shots. Just as a cancer patient wouldn't not have chemotherapy because others around them weren't. Who cares what other people eat. They may not need to eat large quantities of food but people recovering from anorexia do.

Please, try to stay strong when you feel as though you are eating a lot. Dont feel guilty, but proud of yourself for giving your body what it needs.

And if you have the same problem as me and cant fit all your food in your lunch box, dont chose to eat any less, just buy yourself a bigger lunch box ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment