Thursday 9 April 2015

My busy day off

Today I had hoped to have a quiet and relaxing day as I didnt have to work but it actually ended up being a really busy day. Last night I broke my phone by accidently jamming it in my recliner lounge chair. While I could still hear the sound on my phone, the screen was completely black so I knew my only option was to get a new one. For people who live in a city this would quite a simple task and only take an hour or so but as I live in the country, it involved a full day of travelling.

I slept in to half past 6 this morning which is the latest I have slept for months. I have been waking at 2:30 most mornings over the past few months and having trouble getting back to sleep. It is extremely tiring and frustrating to be waking so early each morning but i am hoping that my sleep in this morning is a sign that I might start sleeping better again. Has anyone else experienced insomnia while recovering? I got up and made my self a delicious breakfast of brown sugar and cinnamon oats with 1 diced apple mixed through as well as two slices of toast with cashew butter. After breakfast I took my dog for a walk before returning home, having some morning tea and getting ready to drive to the city to sort out a new phone. I went to the phone shop planning on just getting a new phone but ended up leaving with a new phone, a samsung tablet and a new plan upgrade. I didn't have any other internet access from home besides the data that was included in my plan so I was really struggling to stay under my data allowance each month. Now I have three times the amount of data to use as I did before which should be plenty. I was also having to write all of my blog posts on my mini samsung 4s (the phone that I broke) which was proving to be very time consuming and difficult. It feels like an absolute breeze to be able to write this blog post on my new tablet!

While I was in the city I also did a quick grocery shop as the prices of groceries at the supermarkets in the city are a lot cheaper than the supermarkets in the country. Supermarkets in the city also have a greater product range. While my day was busier than I had planned, I really can't complain as I got lots of things done. Maybe braking my phone was really a blessing in disguise as now I am super prepared for blogging with my new tablet and extra internet data. When I got home tonight the first thing I did was set my fire as it is freezing! Tasmania is the coldest part of Australia as it is closest to Antarctica. We are only half way through Autumn but already the air is cold and the days are quite short (though nowhere near as short as in other parts of the world). It doesnt snow where I live as we are too close to the ocean but in the middle of Winter the temperature drops below zero degrees celcius most nights. After cooking and eating fried rice with vegetables for tea I put on heaps of layers of warm clothes before taking Tess for a walk in the dark. I wouldnt usually walk Tess in the dark but I felt sorry for her as she has been tied up all day outside while I went to the city.

For supper tonight I tried a new flavour of hot chocolate that I bought today which warmed me up nicely. It was honeycomb flavoured hot chocolate and I definetely reccommend it. It tasted just like a crunchie or violet crumble chocolate bar but it wasnt too sweet either so it was perfect to dip biscuits into. I love dipping biscuits into hot chocolate and tonight I had two custard cream biscuits with my hot drink.  I am working at the bank tomorrow so I hope I can get a decent nights sleep tonight. Then I have the weekend off so I hope to get some more blogging done.
Goodnight everyone xx

No comments:

Post a Comment