Thursday 23 April 2015

Waking up feeling positive and motivated

I have woken up this morning still feeling really confident about the changes I have decided to make which is excellent! I know that I will find it most challenging to stick to these changes once I start seeing a difference in my body and start gaining significant amounts of weight but I am determined to do it. I really do want to be strong and healthy and I know I will eventually be able to feel comfortable in my new body. I have decided that to avoid any unnecessary anxiety I am going to stop weighing myself most days and start weighing myself once weekly instead. I have decided that since I made my big change yesterday, Wednesday will be my new weigh in day. To be honest I would rather not weigh myself at all but this is the only way I can be sure I am gaining the required weight. I would be happy with gaining between half 0.5kg and 1kg per week but will try not to freak out if I happen to gain more then this initially. I know that my metabolism will adjust and the weight gain will eventually even out.


I really do feel as though My blogging has helped me so much in my recovery. Writing my own blog has given me a chance to express what I have had to bottle up inside for so many years and in a way it is helping me to let go of my anorexia. Reading other peoples blogs has also helped me enormously. I feel as though this little support network I am a part of is so amazing and I really appreaciate the fact that I always have someone willing and able to offer fantastic advice when I need it most.

Specifically, I want to thank bloggers like Izzy from http://www.lifewithoutanorexia.com and Olivia from http://freeofaneatingdisorder.blogspot.com.au as you have been my true inspiration for recovering. I haven't always been convinced that it was possible to fully recover from an eating disorder but thanks to you, I know that it is possible. You have given me hope and shown me what life can be like without anorexia or once you are free from your eating disorder. I also want to thank Emmy from http://ganache-elf.blogspot.com.au and Ange from http://nutellarella.blogspot.com.au. You guys are so brave and strong and give me the extra motivation I need to make progress and move forward in my recovery. You make me feel so much stronger as I no longer feel as though I am fighting anorexia alone. I know that I have you gorgeous girls beside me for understanding, encouragement and support.

I am looking forward to my day shopping with my mum today and I am going to make sure I buy myself something really nice as I really am proud of myself for all of the progress I have been able to make in the last few weeks. I would like to buy a nice outfit as I have hadly any nice items of clothing and would also love to pick out a new television series (do you have an suggestions?).


While recovering, don't forget to recognise when you have made progress and reward yourself.  Not only do you deserve it, but this will help you to start appreciating yourself and respecting yourself for who you are, which really is essential in order for you to recover from your eating disorder.

7 comments:

  1. <3 aww hun I am so touched thank you so much you are too sweet <3 and I am so so glad I have helped you hun! and i would also like to say it is really good that you feel proud of yourself and your achievements !! This will boost your confiedene and make you stronger against the eating disorder. You are right to feel proud hun, you have made such good progress and it's so great tosee. keep going hun, we are all behind you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy. I just remembered that I didnt answer one of the questions you asked me when I replied to your last email. I was 17 when I first developed anorexia so have only been sick for just over 3 years. I never really worried about food or my weight before this time. I ate whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted and had no idea about calories or anything like that. I cant even begin to imagine the struggle you have had. You have had to live with that awful illness for twise as long as I have which is why you have done such an amazing and brave thing by deciding you want to get better and fighting for recovery. I hope you are doing well Emmy. I will try and email you again soon. Xxx

      Delete
  2. WOOOOOOOOOW*_* this is such an honor for meeee Karly :) thank you so so much for mentioning me here on your sweet blog =) you can´t believe how happy it makes me to hear such lovely words :) I also agreeeee with you so much in this post ;) you are absolutely right according to this in my opinion ;) it is really so much helpful and needed in recovery to get some suppoooooort and inspiring words like yours ;) so thanks again and I hoopoe you are doing fine ;) you can be so proud of all of your changes and I am sure you will make it ;) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats ok Ange, I hope that you are doing well and I am just so glad that we all have one another. :) x

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much, you really made my day!! And i am so, so happy for you that you feel more motivated and are making progress!! You should be so proud of yourself! ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete