Tuesday 28 April 2015

Fear food list from 2012

A few days after I got out oh hospital back in 2012 I made a list of fear foods. I titled the list; Foods I am scared to eat but wish I wasn't.

Some of the foods on the list that I have already eaten are;

Belgium, pasta, magnum icecreams, muffins, chocolate, slice, lollies, gravy, butter, milk, juice, pastry, chips, grain waves, pudding, custard, cheese, hamburgers, kangeroo patties, alcohol, cereal, sweet spreads, Milkshakes, Nutella, Belgium and sauce sanwiches, Pavlova, fairy bread, icecream and topping, lasagna, spaghetti bolognaise, hot chips (cooked in oil), spring rolls/ dim sims, custard tart, fruit tingles, porrige, milo, Potato, sultanas and yoghurt, apricot delights, peanuts, corn relish dip, fish and chips, tartare sauce, Peanut butter, peppermints, top deck chocolate, smarty chocolate, mint mentos, tic toc biscuits, shapes, hillier chocolate, toasted sandwiches, toasted wrap, white chocolate frogs, dried fruit, honeycomb chocolate, lemon delicious, MnM's, Condensed milk, Lamingtons, Caesar salad, Rice, Carbonara pasta, pumpkin soup, chips and gravy, Stewed apricots, Silverside, Black Jelly beans, pasta salad


Foods I am yet to conquere from my list but am determined to before I declare myself healthy and recovered are;

(some I haven't eaten because I am still scared of them, others because the opportunity simply has not arose for me to eat them in the recent past)

Mince, BBQ food, Deep fried food, regular soft drink, Take-Away Pizza, Meat pies, fruit cake, sausages, regular fat cream, McDonalds cheeseburger and fries, Quiche, Homemade monte carlos, potato bake, curried sausages, chocolate teddy bear biscuits, Berry Mud cake,  Caramel slice, nachos, Chicken Burgers, Chicken Curry Pies, soft Serve icecream, White chocolate coated raspberries, Panacotta, tomato soup porcupines, Eggs and bacon, Sausage rolls, potato pie, chip sandwiches, golden syrup dumplings, CornJack, potato salad

I am really glad that the list of fear foods that I have overcome is now shorter than the list of fear foods I am yet to overcome and this shows me that I have made progress. You should know that even some of the fear foods that I have eaten and feel quite comfortable eating were usually prepared by me. I would find it a lot harder to eat it if it was prepared by someone else or at a restaurant, if I didn't know how it was prepared but I know that if I continue fighting, I will become more comfortable with this in time.

My all time favouritte meal if I ever went out to dinner with my family was Chicken Parmigiana with chips. At this stage I still do not feel as though I could go out and order this meal comfortably and eat it all but I have decided to declare it as my ultimate recovery meal. It is the first meal I will go out and order at a restaurant once I feel as though I am completely recovered. And by completely recovered I mean to be completely free of unhealthy thoughts as well as being weight restored.



If you had to chose an ultimate recovery meal or food what would it be and why?


4 comments:

  1. My recovery food ... I think for me its ordering something different than salad. Salad always feels save ... but a Pasta meal or meat and fries or a dessert - thats recovery for me.

    I have got a question. When you write about a healthy bmi - which one are you thinking about? 18, 19, 20? :) i think there are different opinions about what is a healthy weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Sounds good to me! Hopefully we will be able to enjoy those types of foods sometime not too far into the future.

      You have a really good point about the bmi stuff. I have always considered getting to a bmi 18 as getting to a healthy weight but now you have made me think twise about this. I guess at this stage I think of bmi 18 as a bare minimum to reach. You have just given me a great idea for a blog post so I will write it throughout the day and post it tonight! :) X Thanks Anna

      Delete
  2. Hey- recovery is gonna be uncomfortable. If you decide to leave it as your 'ultimate recovery meal', you are slowing your progress down. You're still denying, avoiding, escaping. If you want a change - really really REALLY want it - don't wait. Go out. Order that meal. Do it TODAY. Don't wait for 'ultimate' - because the longer you wait, the moment you decided to wait, you've extended the route of recovery.

    Please, please, please. Stay strong, conquer the uncomfortable feeling & fear, and do (eat) it for yourself.

    Much courage and love,

    J x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I know your right and in order to recover it is necessary to step outside your comfort zone. :) i guess what I mean by my ultimate recovery meal is that i will one day be able to eat it without feeling anxious or guilty and then I will be able to consider myself mentally recovered. But your definetely right, you do need to make recovery happen and this will only through challenge yourself. Thanks for commenting! :)x

      Delete