Sunday 5 April 2015

Happy Easter

It is now Easter Sunday which is the biggest Easter day we celebrate here In Australia, so happy easter everyone! Easter sunday is the day that people give chocolate to loved ones and also the morning that the 'Easter Bunny' visits children and leaves them chocolate eggs. This Is the first 'special celebration' I have had since moving out of home so it feels a little strange. My younger sister has always helped to make special occasions more exciting (as young children do) but I am determined to still have a good day.

As well as a bowl of raspberry oats mixed with a diced apple, I also treated myself to  a traditional hot cross bun with melted butter for breakfast. Eating hot cross buns this easter is a big thing for me as I haven't eaten them for the last 3 years. Fruit buns were one of my favourite foods before I got anorexia but since getting sick I haven't been able to eat them. Not only am I able to freely enjoy eating hot cross buns this easter but It is also the first easter In a long time that I can enjoy eating chocolate with minimal guilt and anxiety. It's times like these that I realize just how far I have come and although I still have a long way to go, I have proven that this progress is possible.

Eating my breakfast while watching 'Grays Anatomy'


Fortunately I don't have to work today so I am planning on having a Cosy day snuggled by the fire and watching some TV. I will most likely visit my family as well, as they live only 10 minutes away. While I do miss seeing my family everyday, especially my dad and my sister, surprisingly I never get lonely. My nan also lives In the same street as me so we visit one another often. Me and my nan have a very special relationship and I am very lucky to have her. I know it sounds crazy but my dog Tess is such good company. I take her for walks which gets me out of the house and it is so nice to have someone adore you the way she does me.
Tess at the beach
Tess inside with me this morning


I hope that everyone has a fantastic day and I plan to write some more Posts throughout the day!

6 comments:

  1. Hot cross buns are divine!! I would happily eat them at any time of the year ;) what sort of fruit do you like in them Karly? I was also wondering, what part of Australia do you live in? Happy easter hun <3 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have the shop bought ones with sultanas In them. I will have to try making them myself one day as I do love to bake but I don't think I am quite as creative as you are in the kitchen. :) I live in Tasmania which is the small island state at the very bottom of Australia. It Is one of the coldest parts of Australia but is still really beautiful. :) I live in a small seaside town with a population of about 600 people. Xx what about you? What is It like where you live? x

      Delete
    2. Awww Tasmania looks absolutely stunning karly!! I would love to go some time <3 I live out in the countryside too karly, on a bog, literally!! ;)
      Do you have an email address Karly? I would love to write you a little email (though only if you are comfortable with that though, of course <3 xxx

      Delete
    3. It is a beautiful place to live! I love that Tasmania isnt overcrowded at all. It has the same land mass as England but only 500 000 people live here:). So this is probably a weird question but what exactely is a bog, haha? I dont think we commonly use that term in Australia ;). I have been thinking the same thing, that it would be great for us to get in touch via email. The best email address for you to reach me on is probably: karlygraham94@gmail.com
      Talk to you soon Emmy. Xxx

      Delete
  2. It does look so gorgeous karly <3 is it very different to Australia in terms of culture, climate, vegetation etc.? Oh it's funny you should me that, heehee, my Spanish friend didn't know what I meant by a bog either. It's basically an area of soft, often marshy ground covered by plenty of this special type of moss (spagm moss) and with very wet peaty soil. Peat is extracted from the bogs in Ireland, stacked and dried and then sold as peat briquettes for fuel. Oh thank you for the address hun <3 I will write a wee email to you tomorrow :) Lots of love <3 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Austrailia is a huge country so the culture, climate and vegetation changes heaps depending on where you live. In Tasmania (the coldest part of australia) we still get a relatively warm summer (most days the temp would be between 20-25 degrees celcius ) but we occasionaly get a really hot day, like 35 degrees celcius. We have heaps of amazing and unique animals in Australia. :). We have heaps of marsupials like kangeroos, koalas, possums, tassie devils as well as echidnas and platypus's. But then lots or reptiles too like snakes, lizards and crocidiles. As for aussie culture. Looking forwars to hearing from you soon. Xx ♡

      Delete