Thursday 30 April 2015

Breakfast, Lunch and Tea

Something that I think is quite important, is to occasionally eat something different than what is on your meal plan so that you know you can eat other foods as well. It is quite easy to become comfortable with certain foods that are on your meal plan but still remain terrified of others if you follow the same meal plan every single day. I really do like my meal plan as it includes lots of foods that I love and I feel comfortable eating all of those foods now but I need to step outside my comfort zone too, so that I feel as though I can eat other foods too when I feel like them.

I know a girl in recovery who has eaten the exact same thing for breakfast, morning Tea, Lunch, Afternoon tea and supper every day for the past three or four years. While she has been able to gain weight while following this meal plan, she really struggles at even the thought of changing her meals and eating something different. She has said herself that she is 'addicted to her meal plan'. I don't want this to happen to me and I think that all people who follow meal plans in recovery need to vary there plan sometimes, to prevent this type of thing from happening.



I felt like something a little different for breakfast this morning so had a huge bowl of Creamy vanilla Oats with one large pear diced and mixed through it. It was yummy but really filling so it left me feeling a little uncomfortabely full. I will probably just stick to my usual toast with nut butter and smaller bowl of oats from now on as that provides my body with just as much energy but doesn't leave me feeling bloated and uncomfortable.

I decided to have nut butter and banana toasties for lunch. While I have had banana and nutella together before, I have never tried cashew butter and banana but it was super delicious. I definetely reccommend it. :D


 



Since I was home all day today I cooked myself a really yummy meal for Tea tonight. I had roast duck, tomato dish, mashed pumpkin and potato as well as carrots and peas. It was super delicious as wild duck is one of my favourite meats.

Please let me know if you do or don't want to see pictures of what I eat. Some people have said that they find it helpful while others may think it is unecessary or even triggering so please I would really like to hear your feed back. As I usually stick to a meal plan, I obviously wont post pictures everyday as often the foods I eat are repeated each day but I can post ocassional pictures if you like, especially when I eat something different or new.  

4 comments:

  1. Looks really good :) how do you make your oatmeal?
    And does your family eat with you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, I live by myself so eat alone. To make that particular oatmeal I use 80g of oats, 1 cup of milk, 1/2 cup of water, 2 tsp vanilla essence and some sweetner and fruit. :) usually I dont make my own oats from scratch though. I just use flavoured uncle toby's sachets that I add milk to, micriwave and then top with fruit. X i hope you are doing ok. :)

      Delete
  2. I for one love seeing your food posts, it gives me ideas for food as well as inspiration to carry on with my recovery! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback :D I am really glad that you find it helpful in your recovery. Good luck with everything and keep fighting. Always remember that recovery is possible and you CAN do it! :) x

      Delete