Friday 10 April 2015

Plans for my blog

As I read through Izzys blog this morning 'A life without Anorexia' I found myself wishing that I too could include helpful recovery advice posts like hers on my blog. But the truth is, im not ready to do this yet. Unlike Izzy, i'm not recovered so am not in the right place to offer helpful support to others just yet. Sure I can share with those who read my blog what has helped me through my journey so far but I think it would be hypocritical of me to try and provide advice to others that I am not currently following myself. There is no way I want to offer advice to anyone unless I know for sure it is accurate and helpful as I honestly couldn't live with myself if I somehow prevented a reader from recovering due to giving bad advice.

So for now I plan on making my blog posts a mixture of personal posts as well as posts documenting my recovery. While I may not be directly offering advice as Izzy does, I hope that documenting my recovery journey can still be helpful to readers of my blog as it gives them an honest account of what has and hasn't worked for me in terms of my recovery. If I do ever share any advice, it will not be my own advice but instead advice from others that I have used myself and found helpful. Since talking to a few lovely girls whose blogs I read, we have all agreed on the inportance of sharing experiences and being there to support one another through good and bad times. For me, talki gnto other people with anorexia is very impirtant as it makes me feel like I am not alone. Reading about other peoples progress and achievements also makes me more determined to make new changes myself and gives me the motivation I need to see them through.

By sharing my experiences I hope that I can catch the interest of some readers that don't necessarily have eating disorders themselves. Something I am very passionate about is making people who haven't had eating disorders gain an understanding of these terrible illnesses. Before I got sick, I had absalutely no idea about how an eating disorder affects you. It now makes me so mad when people fail to see eating disorders for the serious and life threatening mental illnesses that they are but we can not expect people to understand our illnesses if we are not willing to share our experiences with them. I hope that through posting my experiences, loved ones of sufferers can gain a better undesrstanding of eating disorders so that they can be more supportive towards their sick loved ones.

I know that this is only a quick post but I just wanted to update you all on my plans for this blog in the near future as it is something that I have been putting a lot of thought into. Please, if you have an opinion of the direction I have decided to take my blog, please let me know what you think. I am always open to constructive critisism and would love to hear from other bloggers what has worked best for them. Now, i'm off to make breakfast so have a great day everyone! :)


1 comment:

  1. I think it's really great how you want to support others and offer advice you are sure of :) it too makes me mad how some people of eating disorders so stereotypically.
    For meI like having a combination of types of posts. It's a mixture of personal and advice on recovery as well as my experience. That has worked for me personally :) Good luck with blogging!!

    ReplyDelete