Thursday 16 April 2015

My day off and food intake

Every Thursday I have the day off which is really nice as it give me a chance to relax and get any jobs done around the house that need doing. It has been really warm today which was nice and meant that I didn't have to wear my usual 2-3 layers of clothing. While my body is better at maintaining my body temperature now than it was when I was at my worst, I do feel the cold more than most people.



I walked Tess on the beach, vacuumed and cleaned my house, watched Grays Anatomy and just enjoyed taking it easy. My mum came around to visit me in her lunch break which was quite nice and I also spent some time with my nan. I will try and get an early night tonight as I am working at the bank again tomorrow for 8 hours.

I thought I would share with you all what I have eaten today. While I have a basic meal plan I stick to, I also eat according to what I feel like. For example I wait until lunch time before deciding what I want to put in my sandwich, which fruit and dairy dessert I feel like.

*****
Breakfast: 2 slices of wholemeal toast with peanut butter and 1 bowl of berry oats prepared with milk and topped with 1 small sliced banana

Morning Tea: I jam filled lamington and two Peaches
*Just incase you dont know what a lamington is, it is a traditional Australian cake which is completely coated in chocolate icing and then rolled in dessicated coconut. They can be plain, jam or cream filled.


Lunch: 1 Belgium and sauce sandwich, 1 vanilla Lerice (tub of creamed rice) and 1 large pear

Afternoon tea: 1 large Violet crumble chocolate bar and an apple




Tea: Chicken schnitzel with BBQ sauce, chicken and cheese flavoured macaroni pasta, carrots and peas

Supper/Dessert: orange, hot chocolate and 2 custard cream biscuits

























I hope that everybody else has had a fantastic day and that you all had a chance to take a little time out of your busy schedules to take a break. I know taking a break is hard when you feel like you have so much to do but burning yourself out won't solve any problems either. Also remember that it is almost the weekend which is always something to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Heeeeey Karly ;) WOW *_* i absolutely love your blog =) you absolutely have such a nice style of writing and it never gets boring reading it, getting some helpful advices and getting to know you better post by post ;)
    Sooooo to resume some of your last entries ;) I think you are doing really great decisions for yourself and your life of which you can be so proud of ;) I think it is so interesting you did study teaching one time at uni? I do this as well as you might know ;) but I think you absolutely took the right decision to do the job at the bank, because over focussing on those studies can be so unhealthy and make you ill :( I am so glad you discovered what job probably is the right job for you =) I hope you will make it ;) Oh and also the post of your sister is so inspiring, you seem like such a great grander sister :) so caaaaring ;) and i can relate so well to you, as I have a younger sister as well :)
    Aaaaaah and thaaaaaanks also for sharing some of your daily intake ;) this is very helpful, because I can relate myself towards it =) you have a very good one I think :) so I feel so proud of you overcoming so many fears and often take a lookback on how much you already reached ;) you go girl :)
    Sending you lots of Love from the other part of the world ;)
    xxx Ange

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Ange,
      I am so happy to hear that you like reading my blog! :) to be honest, I sometimes feel as though my posts aren't structured all that well as I usually have so much I am trying to say in each post but I am sure I will get better the more posts I write!
      Thanks for responding to some of my different posts and the lovely things you has to say. It is so nice and reassuring to hear back about your thoughts on what I have written about so far. Something that amazes me is how everyone can relate so well to one another across our blogs. I guess we have all lived through quite similar experiences, even though we live half a world away from one another ;).
      And you have a little sister too? I can't believe how much we have in common.
      Talk soon Ange
      <3 Karly xx

      Delete
    2. Heeeey agaiiiin ;)
      Oh yes I definitively enjoy reading more about you and also getting some very helpful advice at the same time ;)
      Nooo, your posts are very well organized and not confusing or something at all ;) Hahaa yes I absolutely feel the same way about this ;) it is such an amazing and unbelievable thing, even though our lives aren´t related at all, we have so many many things in common ;) quite scary isn´t it? *_* hahaa no just joking =) Oh yees, she is 18 now ;) bit older than yours, but I think it feels nearly the same ;) But you don´t live at your parents house anymore right? =)
      Lots of Love again
      xxxx Ange

      Delete