Wednesday 22 April 2015

Good morning

It is currently only 5:00 am here in Australia but I am awake and feeling energised for a brand new day. Luckily my fire burned right through the night so my house is toasty and warm. I don't think there is anything nicer than snuggling in front of the fire when it's cold outside as I absolutely hate the cold.

Today I am working for a full day at the supermarket which should be ok. My mum also works at the supermarket and is working today so it will be nice to spend the day with her. Things haven't been great between me and my mum for a long time (even before I got Anorexia) and out of everyone in my family she has had the most trouble accepting and understanding my illness.

I actually haven't really spoken to my mum since I moved out of home two and a half months ago which is really sad but finally things seem to be getting a little better between us again which is good. I think that I will always have trouble trusting my mum as she has hurt me a lot in the past but I would still like to keep trying to have a relationship with her as at the end of the day, she is my mum. She may have hurt me a lot in the past but I know that deep down she does love me and want whats best for me.

To be honest I don't really feel as though I need to have a relationship with my mum as I am extremely close to my dad and I feel like he gives me all the love and support I need from a parent figure. But I know that I need to be able to forgive my mum as she is battling her own demons and life isn't easy for her either. While I plan to try and be friendly with my mum, I have also learnt to put up an emotional barrier between us to avoid heartbreak if she ever does or says anything hurtful to me.

Tomorrow she has offered to take me to Launceston (the city) to go shopping as neither of us have to work and I am looking forward to it. It will be nice to spend some more time with her and also to buy some new clothes for myself. I haven't gone shopping in so long and it will be good to get some new clothes that I can feel confident and comfortable in.





No comments:

Post a Comment