Thursday 30 April 2015

Well deserved rest day

Finally it is Thursday, the first day I have had to relax and rest for what seems like forever. In the last eleven days I have only had one day that I have not worked and on that day I had to drive to Launceston which is atleast an hour and a half away to get some errands done in the city. I love living where I do in the country but it also makes it hard having to travel long distances to get anything done.


So today I plan on spending most of the day on the couch. It will be good for me to give myself a good rest after such a busy few weeks. I will take Tess for  few short walks of course but besides that it will just be relaxing at home. While it would probably be better if I didn't do any exercise while trying to gain weight, I think of walking Tess as unavoidable exercise. Tess is my responsibility and as she is only eighteen months old and a very active breed of dog, she does need exercise.

I am planning on watching some Grays Anatomy and also doing some baking so I am stocked up with muffins and pudding for the next week. I find it hard to bake when I am working so much as I have very little time in the evening after work to bake. Usually I don't get home until 6 pm and then I still need to cook tea, eat tea, wash up and clean the kitchen, set and light the fire, take Tess for a short walk in the dark, have a shower, try and get a blog post written, do a load of washing as well as anything else that may need doing. It is very common for me to colapse on the couch and fall asleep before nine o'clock.

I plan to catch up on everyone elses blogs that I haven't been able to read as I have been too busy and write some more posts of my own. I find it really hard to find time to write posts when I am so busy working so I will try and get some extra posts written today so I can post those when I am really busy. Does anybody have any requests for post topics. I though I could right some posts about life in Australia, some more personal posts so that you can get to know me a little more as well as some recovery posts.

Luckily I only have to work tomorrow at the bank and then I have the weekend off as well which will be really nice. Sometimes I feel as though I would like to put more time and energy into my recovery but as you can see my life is so busy that this really is not possible. The thing is, I need to be able to work so that I can live. If I didn't work as much as I do I wouldn't be able to afford my rent, my phone/electricity/water bills, my car insurance/registration/petrol, to buy food or buy anything else I need. It really is quite expensive living out on your own.



While I need to work, I still make sure that my recovery is my main priority. The people I work with know about my situation and are very understanding about me stopping to eat when I need to. No matter how busy I get I always make sure I eat the entirety of each and every one of my meals. In fact I can not remember the last time I skipped a meal or didn't completely finish a meal.




Since my mum is working today, my little sister Amy will come to place place when she finishes school so it will be really nice to see her as I haven't caught up with her in ages. For those of you who are new to reading my blog, you can read an old post I wrote about my little sister here. We are very close and have an extremely special friendship. Luckily Amy is a bit of a couch potato and also a Grays Anatomy fan so she shouldn't mind just lazing around with me this afternoon while I rest.


I hope everyone has a fantastic day today. Does anybody have anything exciting planned?

No comments:

Post a Comment