Monday 8 June 2015

A challenge for my readers

In order to recover, we cant just sit around waiting for it to happen, we need to actively go out and fight for it. Nothing feels better then going to bed at the end of the day and feeling proud because you know that you have been stronger then your anorexia and have not given into it. Without making recovery achievements, we simply would not be able to recover as our achievements lead to any progress we make. Usually making this progress is painful, but it does get much easier the longer we fight and eventually things that were once challenging, are no longer even difficult.



After all of the suppport I got from my beautiful readers when I successfully completed my meal plan challenge, I wanted to set all of my readers a challenge too, to show you all that you are strong enough to make recovery achievements as well. My challenge for you all is to do somethething to fight your anorexia/eating disorder over the next day that you can be truly proud of and to comment what you did in the comments section of this post.


A simple example could be that when your anorexia tells you to walk the long way to the supermarket, instead you choose to walk the shortest possible route. Or perhaps you could challenge yourself a little more and eat a fear food that you have not been able to eat since getting sick. No matter how big or small your achievement is, it is still important as it shows that you are making progress and therefore that you are recovering.

You may find that you make these kinds of achievements most days anyway, which is great but if you cant think of anything at the end of the day, this may mean that you need to more actively go out and fight your anorexia by setting yourself particular goals to conquer. I think that successfully doing this will allow you to believe in yourself and it will make you realise you have the strength needed so you can keep fighting and recover, if you dont realise this already.

 


4 comments:

  1. Great Idea :)
    I walked around in a bikini after a warm lunch, I felt hungry before the flight and ordered lasagna, even though I knew I wouldn't move for 5 hours now, I gained 1 kilo in 4 days and it's okay, because the great time in egypt was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna, I am so incredibly proud of you. Reading that made me think 'This girl is stronger then her Anorexia!' You are so right, the last four days you didnt worry about food or your weight, instead you did what life it truly about, YOU LIVED! You should be so proud of yourself Anna and if you can take this amazing attitude with you into the future, there is no doubt in my mind that you will be able to make a full recovery! <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I didn't go for a walk at lucn today, because I chose to be social and have lunch with other people instead :) great challenge, Karly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Alex, you should be so proud of yourself. Every day you manage to fight your anorexia like you get a little bit stronger and you also get a little closer to making a full recovery. Thanks for sharing this wonderful achievement Alex and please keep fighting! :) x

      Delete