Monday 22 June 2015

Who reads my blog?

While a few of my readers have commented on my posts or followed my blog, most of you just read my blog anonymously, which is completely fine. I certainlly do not expect anyone to comment on my posts if they do not feel comfortable to do so. :)

I would like to know who my audience is though, just so that I can write posts that are helpful to everyone. For example are there people suffering from eating disorders other than anorexia that read my blog, because if there were I would try harder to write more general advice in regards to eating disorders and not just anorexia recovery advice.

I would also be interested to know whether any guys read my blog, or whether it is only girls. Also, are there any people who follow my blog that dont even suffer from an eating disorder, but who may just want to learn more about them or may have a friend or loved one who is suffering.

Since there are more people reading my blog from Australia then any other country, I also cant help but wonder whether anyone who I actually know reads my blog or not. I suppose it doesnt really matter if anybody who I know reads my blog as I would keep blogging completely honestly like I currently do, but this is something I am curious about.

I read a recovery blog for years before actually feeling comfortable enough to comment on it as I was terrified of what other people would think of my comment and what the blog author would think so I completely understand you hesitation. I want you all to know that I would never be judgemental of anything written on my blog (unless it was really awful) and I am also very open to constuctive critisism and advice.

If you feel comfortable enough, I would love for you to comment a bit about yourself, so that I can learn some more about my readers. Even if you just let me know why you read my blog. You can comment anonymously if you like or if you dont feel comfortable commenting at all, that is still completely fine too.

Finally, thank you all for reading my blog. Your support means the world to me and I really hope that my blog has been able to help you in some way. Afterall, helping others to recover from eating disorders has been my dream ever since I developed anorexia myself and it is just as important to me as my own recovery.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Karly :> I'm a girl from Singapore and I really enjoy reading your blog. I am really inspired by your strength and determination in fighting your ed, and always tell myself to be like you and give my 100% effort in recovery. However, I always end up lying to myself, cheating on my meals and telling myself I will work harder the next time but I never did. I am so disappointed in myself. I am so tired of my ed. I don't want to bring sadness to my family anymore but I cannot seem to overcome the barrier and commit to 100% recovery. What gave you the strength to let go of everything and make full commitment to recovery? Your posts are really a huge inspiration so continue writing and keep fighting!!! :>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Thank you so much for commenting on my post and saying those beautiful things about me and my blog. It meanss a lot! <3 Ican see exactelly what you are saying about not beig 100% committed to your recovery, because I wasn't until quite recently either. I guess the moment I let go of everything and committed to my recovery was when I decided that I couldn't live like I was for any longer and I realised that the only way I would be able to get better is if I fought with everyting I had, no matter how painful it was going to be.

      Also, I cant stress how important it is that you believe that recovery is possibl and that you also believe in yourself. You need to be able to believe you are strong enough, in order to acually stand up to your anorexia, otherwise you will most likely just give in to what it tells you to do. If my anorexia tells me to do something bad, I know that I am strong enough to go against what it says. Recovery ges so much easier the more you successfully fight you anorexic voice as you start to realise that you truly are capable of doing it, because you have already done t so many times before and have survived the pain associated with fighting.

      The only way I believe that anyone can mak a full recovery is if they committ to their recoery 100%. I know you want to get better, I can tell by the way you have spoken in your comment and I want you to recover too. You deserve to live a life free of anorexia! But you do need to committ to recovery. I know it is incredibely painful and scary, but you CAN do it, you ARE strong enough! Believe you can and you will! Remember going against what your anorexia tells you is painful, but it wont kill you. Listening to your anorexia however can kill you. If you ever want to email me, my email address is karlygraham94@gmail.com
      Good luck and keep fighting
      <3 karly xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks for giving me a power boost to continue fighting! :> I find strength in your blog, and is very motivated by your recent posts like your complete relapse prevention plan and on how to view weight gain as being finally looking better/healthier. I will fight against the voice and do the opposite and aim for 100% recovery. I have already started to cut down on exercise and eat fear food, now I will work to increase my food intake :>
    I'm really happy to see you making progress and challenging yourself everyday. Do continue to be yourself and write things you like ok! <3 I will be supporting you here, silently as an anonymous reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please can I reblog this or something similar on my blog? I'd love to find out my audience too! Xx

    ReplyDelete