Tuesday 16 June 2015

Power Outage

I had planned on relaxing and watching tv for the rest of the night but it doesnt look like that is going to happen as the power has gone out. I looked online and it said that a power pole has caught on fire somewhere nearby and that there would be no electricity until about 11:30 tonight. 

I am not sure what would have caused the power pole to catch fire as there hasnt been any lightening tonight but I do hope that it hasnt been caused by a car accident or something like that. If it has been caused my some kind o accident, I really hope that everyone who was involved in it are ok.

I have been so tired the last few nights that I have fallen asleep while watching television at this time anyway but of course, the power had to go out on the one night I am not actually feeling that tired. I cant complain too much about being bored though as ateast I still have my tablet and phone, which both have plenty of charge.

Not long after the power went out my nan turned up at my house with some candles for me and to check that I was alright. My nan is one of the most caring and considerate people I know and I feel very lucky to have her living in the very same street that I live in. She pops into my house to check on Tess for me a couple of times each day whle I am at work and also sets my fire for me which I really appreciate.
I will probably just get ready for bed now and see if can get some sleep. I am working at the IGA suoermarket over the next two days which I am looking forward to. I love my job at the bank but I also like working at the supermarket as it is a relatively easy job to do. Although I enjoy the challenge involved with working at the bank, it can be quite stressful at times as there always seems like so much I need to know and learn.

Fingers crossed the power is back on tomorrow morning so I can cook myself a nice and hot breakast. Goodnight everyone! X


No comments:

Post a Comment