Tuesday 2 June 2015

A cold start to winter

It is only the second day of winter but it is already freezing cold. I am not looking forward to walking Tess early in the morning as it is only supposed to be about 4 degrees celcius (0 degrees realfeel). Luckily however, I am not feeling the cold anywhere near as badly this winter as I was this time last year or the year before.

Like many people suffering from Anorexia, I have always had trouble regulating my body temperature ever since developing my illness. I had bad hypothermia before I went into hospital and have been very sensitive to the cold ever since. Even in the middle of summer I would sometimes get blue finger nails because I was so cold and couldnt go swimming as I would feel far too cold.


Not only have I gained weight since then, but my body now has enough energy readily available for it to regulate my body temperature better. In fact, since increasing my calories to recovery amounts, I am now sometimes less sensitive to the cold then other people. I have been suffering from night sweats the last few nights which is crazy, considering it is so cold but I suppose it is just because I am eating so much.

While I was experiencing hypermetabolism symptoms as soon as I increased my calories before I really started gaining a significant amount of weight, I hadnt had symptoms of it for quite a while. I only started experiencing the symptoms again a couple of days ago, which could explain why I lost weight at that time. if you want to read a bit more about hypermetabolism, you can read a blog post I wrote a while ago here.

I am curious to see what my weight has done over the last few day when I weigh myself tomorrow morning. I honestly think I will have gained the amount I need to but if I havent, I will just increase my intake again. I dont care how much I eventually have to eat, I am determined to do it as I simply refuse to give into my anorexia. I would like to gain atleast 300g since my last weigh in (which is 100g per day) but would be happy with any weight gain at all after my last weigh In.


I will let you all know how I go tomorrow morning. :) I hope everyone has had/is having a wonderful day, keep fighting <3

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I have been having night sweats and getting really hot at weird times too. I had no idea what it was and thought I was just wearing too many clothes or something! Glad you are keeping warm though :) :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is most likely hypermetabolism Anna! I guess its not a bad thing, it just means our metabolisms are revving back up again after restricting for so long! :)
      Take care gorgeous! :) x

      Delete
    2. Yay! and I am so proud of your determination. It is amazing and it is also very infectious :)

      Delete
  2. It's so funny... In my country summer is coming :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very jelous haha. Enjoy the nice weather! :) x

      Delete
  3. It's coming up to summer here in the UK, and I'm still cold, cuddling my hot water bottle as I type this! Although the sun is shining outside it's still cold! X

    ReplyDelete