Monday 15 June 2015

Having a sick day

I have had to take the day off of work today so that I can go to my doctor and get some antibiotics. I will get a doctors certificate to excuse me from work and just rest for the day and hopefully get over this infection. While I am at the doctor I would like to ask my doctor about whether or not there are some preventative antiobiotics that I can go on as I seem to get these infections every time my immune system gets down. Apparently the way it works is that the bacteria that cause these infections lay dormant under my skin and then flare up every so often often, making a new infection. There must be something I can do to get rid of it for good!




I do feel a bit bad about having the day off as I am not extremely sick but I really needed to get to the doctor to get some antibiotics. Last time I had a skin infection in the same place it actually moved into my eye and I certainly dont want to risk that happening again. It is a shame that my doctor is in a different town to where I work as otherwise I may have been able to go to work after my appointment.

So the day today will just be spent resting at home. I have some studying to do for my first traineeship assesment at the bank tomorrow so it will be a good chance for me to do that. I am not terribly nervous about this assesment, which is quite surprising considering how worked up I used to get before tests when I was at uni or school but this doesnt really seem like a test. More just a chance to demonstrate what I have learnt in my job so far.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic Monday! Stay positive and keep fighting! <3




3 comments:

  1. I do hope that the antibiotics kick in soon and clear up the infection for you. Get well soon! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The antibiotics have worked wonders and I am on the mend thank you! :D xx

      Delete
    2. That's so great to hear! Xx

      Delete