Sunday 7 June 2015

Suddenly something clicks and then recovery becomes possible

It is so hard to understand why someone suffering from anorexia who does not want to be anorexic, still has so much trouble letting go of their illness. I still cant explain why I spent so many years in this type of state whereby I didnt want to be sick anymore but I also just wasnt quite ready to fight my anorexia and put everything into my recovery.

One day however, something inside of me clicked and suddenly recovery seemed possible. I always thought I was ready to recover but now I know that I really wasn't. It is very hard to explain but if it has happened to you, you will understand exactly what I mean. When that thing clicks inside of you, recovery no longer seems too painful or too hard. You suddenly feel ready to do whatever it takes in order to fully recover. 


Over the years I have heard different people say that no one can truly help an anorexic person recover until they are truly ready to help themselves, but until now I didnt realise what this actually meant. I am so grateful that this thing 'clicked' inside of me as otherwise I would still be in the half recovered state I was previously in, whereby I wasnt making any progress at all, or worse I could be dead. I honestly dont know what caused me to suddenly feel as though I was ready to recover, but I feel so lucky that it happened.



If you havent had your breakthrough moment yet, thats ok. Just keep trying your hardest to recover and look after yourself as best you possibely can. Dont think that this will never happen to you because it certainly will, you just need to believe it will happen and not give up no matter what.

Please dont read this post and think that there is no point in trying to recover if you dont think that you are truly ready yet because that is not the point I am trying to make at all. The point I am making is that just because you may feel as though making a full recovery is impossible now, this doesnt mean that it wont feel possible sometime soon in the future.

Just try to do everything you can to stay as healthy as possible, as this will hopefully not only keep you alive, but will also help to get you to a stage of your recovery where you will have your breakthrough moment, which is when full recovery finally becomes possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment