Thursday 18 June 2015

Recovery amounts of food + quick update


I slept in to 5:30 am this morning which was realy good as I usually cant sleep past 4:00 am. I got up and made myself some breakfast, which I ate while blogging. I had lots of comments to reply to which was a nice surprise for me as I always love hearing  from my readers and I also started thinking about what posts I will write today. The next thing I plan to do after writing this post is to answer some emails to the lovely girls who I regularly talk too. I love emailing these girls and hearing about how they have been going. They are all so strong and woderful and give me the motivation I need to keep fighting everyday!



Quite a few people have been asking about recovery food intakes so I thought I would post everything I eat today, to show everyone what my recovery intake (3000 calories) looks like. I really hope that by talking about the exact amount I eat I am not triggering anyone but I just think it is important that people wanting to recover realise what real recovery amounts of food are and what it looks like. I know that different people require different intakes in recovery but this will most likely never be less then 2500 calories.

You may think that you can recover while eating between 2000 and 2500 calories but unfortunately you cant. Even if you are slowly gaining weight while eating a lesser amount, you still arent eating enough so your metabolism will remain supressed and your body and mind will most likely not repair. While eating 2000 calories you are not providing your body with anywhere near enough energy for weight gain, repair and for your metabolism to begin functioning normally again. My magic intake amount is 3000 calories but you may find you dont need quite as much, or that you actually need more.


For a long time I believed I was eating enough to recover but now I can see that I definetely wasn't. I honestly thought that I was some kind of exception and that I therefore didn't need to have the recommended recovery amounts. Luckily in the end I finally realised that I was no exception and that I not only had to eat the minimum recovery amount, but another 500 calories on top of that. It was really hard for me to go beyond the minimum recommended recovery amount but thankfully I was strong enough to do it, as this was the only way I could continue gaining weight at the right rate, function properly and repair too.  

I have another day working at the IGA today which is good. I am working witth my mum which should be nice as we are getting along quite well at the moment. She says that she is going quite well (in regards to her drinking) but I honestly dont know whether I should believe her or not as she has lied to me so many times before. Its really sad but unfortunately I cant believe her until I talk to my dad and hear how she has really been going from him. I really hope that she has been good though as I care about her a lot and desperately want her to recover from her problems too.

Have a good day everyone!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment