Friday 12 June 2015

My recovery plans

To make any of your goals or dreams come true, I am a firm believer that you need to have a a proper plan in place and this is the same for your recovery goals too. In my experience, just wanting to get better is not enough, you actually need to have a detailed action plan in place so avoid anxiety getting the better of you and causing you to procrastinate in your recovery.






I have already come a long weigh in my recovery and I feel like this is only du to me having a plan of how I would actually recover. This has allowed me to increase my calories to proper recovery amounts and continue to increase them as I have needed to, each time I have failed to gain weight between two consecutive weigh ins. By following my plan I have also stopped counting calories as accurately so I no longer weigh everything I eat. I have challenged myself on various occasions to eat fear foods or to eat foods prepared by others with an unknown number of calories in them, which has also allowed me to get closer to by goal of becoming recovered. 

This is my recovery plan for the future, that will hopefully get me to being fully recovered. I hope to be onto the last couple of steps by the end of this year and to feel fully recovered sometime next year.

-Keep eating my current meal plan (unless I need to increase it again of course) until I am weight restored

-Possibly take out a couple of extras in my meal plan but not very much to begin with perhaps just 100 calories here and there (I wont take out any unless I continue to gain weight)

-Stop restricting my exercise (may start running) as I would like to start doing 5km fun runs for charities (while keeping an eye on my weight to make sure I dont lose any weight)

-maintain my weight using a meal plan for a month or two

-Start trying to teach myself how to eat intuitively (I may just start eating  intuitively for one meal per day, while sticking to my meal plan for my other meals To begin with)

-Learn to trust my hunger cues more and more, so eventually I can eat all of my meals intuitively whilst still maintaining a healthy weight

-If I ever feel like a particular food I will eat it and I will continue to eat 'scary foods' after I am weight restored as I enjoy them (and therefore believe they are good for me ;) )

-Work on learning to love my body, the way it is naturally supposed to be and not have any worries about weight, calories, or what I SHOULD or NEED to eat


4 comments:

  1. Amen! Great goals. I like the idea of making one intuitively meal a day to begin with. Think I will add that to my recovery goals ;)
    Really love your blog!!! keep fighting <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much <3 You keep fighting too! Always remember that recovery is possible for everyone, as long as you believe in it, as well as believing in yourself! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds great, karly :) :)
    You are so strong!! You will reach your goals.

    Have a nice day!
    Oh and maybe you want to tell us how shopping with your mum was going?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, Seeing people like you get through the worst of your eating disorders is what gives me hope<3 have a fantastic weekend, I will write a post tomorrow night to let everyone know how shopping goes. :) x

      Delete