Saturday 6 June 2015

Vegemite chocolate review

Today at work, we opened up a block of the new limited edition Cadbury Vegemite chocolate too try. I love vegemite on crumpets with butter or vegemite and cheese sandwiches but wasn't really too sure about how it would go with caramel in chocolate.

Vegemite on crumpets

A vegemite and cheese sandwich I ate for lunch a few days ago (before I put the sandwich together)
For those of you who aren't Australian, vegemite is a type of spead that can be put on bread, savoury biscuits, toast or crumpets. While most non Australians hate the taste of vegemite, most Australians love it. It is actually made out of concentrated yeast extract and is really salty (not sweet at all).

A vegemite and biscuit snack available in Australia
vegemite and cheese scrolls

vegemite on toast

So far, I dont think I have spoken to anyone who has liked the vegemite chocolate at all. Most people said that they actually had to spit it out, it was so revolting but I must be an exception because I actually liked it. It wasnt so amazing that I would go and buy a huge block of it, because there are other types of chocolate I like more but it was still definetely enjoyable, which is probably why I had 8 pieces ;).




No comments:

Post a Comment