Sunday 7 June 2015

My meal plan challenge

Nutella on toast, Berry Light & Tasty cereal with warm milk

1 sliced banana in one tub of creamy raspberry and white chocolate greek yoghurt,
Cadbury chocolate honeycomb biscuit fingers

2 crumpets with cashew butter, 1 large apple and 1 hazelnut hot chocolate

2 small packets of chips, 1 mandarin and 1 chocolate drizzle fruit and nut bar 

1 original recipe fillet burger, potato & gravy and pepsi max


1 large bowl of vanilla ice ream topped with 1 large crushed twirl chocolate bar
As you can see, I went above and beyond when it came to my meal plan challenge and I am incredibely proud of how I have coped with eating differently then I usually do. I am confident that I still ate the right amont of calories and felt relatively comfortable eating foods that I am not used to eating.

Even though I plan to go back to my meal plan tomorrow, I am glad that I feel comfortable enough to eat other foods when I feel like them. I believe that  being comfortable with this will allow me to transition from following my meal plan to eating intuitively more easily, when I am weight restored and ready to make the change.

I particularly enjoyed my snacks, especially the banana with the raspberry and white chocolate yoghurt as well as my icecream dessert with the crushed twirl (I may even have these again soon I enjoyed them so much). My biggest achievement however would have to be eating KFC for my tea as I havent eaten a fast food meal for over 4 years. I spent the afternoon with my dad and I think he was incredibely proud of me for eating so well and especially for eating KFC food for the first time in so long.

Of course I had some anorexic thoughts leading up to eating the fast food meal, as well as some guilt whilst I was eating and after, but it wasnt anything that I couldn't get through. No matter how my anorexia made me feel for eating the KFC I still came home and made myself a substantial dessert, to show my anorexia that I am strong enough and that I refuse to give in.

8 comments:

  1. Karly you've done so well! You should be so proud of yourself! Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anna, I will reply to your email in the morning <3 xx

      Delete
  3. This makes me so happy! I'm also proud of you just as the others! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done so brilliantly, I wish I had half the fight you have in you! You're just flying from strength to strength and it is so wonderfully beautiful to see! Keep fighting angel! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Annie :) x
      I know that you have every bit as much fight inside of you as I do gorgeous. I believe in you, you just need to start believing in yourself <3

      Delete