Tuesday 2 June 2015

Day 30: what is the best part about being in recovery?

I cant believe I am already at the end of my 30 day recovery challenge. In the past 30 days I have learnt so much about who I am and I have also realised what is truly important in life. I am proud of myself for keeping up with my challenge and completing each post and I plan on treating my recovery with the same amount of determinationa and dedication into the future. For the first time since developing my illness, I honestly believe that I can recover!
There are  so many wonderful things about being in recovery. These include eating lots of delicious food, feeling energetic and healthy, feeling proud of myself for my achievements, having my recovery blog and helping others with there own recoveries. The absolute best thing for me about being in recovery is that I now have hope. Before I started recovering, I had accepted the fact I was going to die with my anorexia. I didnt know if it was going to happen in 2 months or 2 decades but I believed it was definetely going to happen. I didnt think that making a full recovery was possible for me, I therefore had given up all hope and did not see any point in even trying.
Since starting my recovery journey, I have once again found hope. Making achievements that I thought I would never be able to make has made me realise that I am capable of recovery, and I always have been. All I needed to do was believe in myself. Everytime I fight my anorexia and win, I get a little closer to making a full recovery which gives me more and more hope and this hope inspires me to keep fighting, every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment