Saturday 13 June 2015

My shopping day

My mum picked me up at about 8:45 this morning so I had to get up at the normal time I would on a work morning, so that I could walk Tess and get ready. Although I was feeling a little down about my skin infection, I didn't want to let it ruin my day. Mum and I chatted all the way to Hobart which was nice and we got along well all day. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, only to be let down again but it looks as though things may be getting better between mum and I which I am glad about. Afterall she is my mum and I do care about her a lot.

I got heaps of shopping done which I am pleased about. I got everything I needed but now feel a little guilty as I have spent so much money. I know I shouldnt feel guilty as I only bought things I needed and I hardly ever buy myself nice things. First we went to a sports shop where I got a new pair of asics shoes, as my last pair are really warn out. I wanted the shoe I ended up with in some brighter colours but they only had it in the darker colours, which I still do like. I also got a bright pink thermal sports top which should keep me really warm while I walk Tess when it is freezing and also when I start running in the future, as I hope to do. I also got a really comfortable pair if black tracksuits that I really liked as well as 4 pairs of asics socks.



After spending way too much money at the sports shop, mum and I browsed in a few different shops before lunch. I bought two pairs of nice (adult sized) jeans which fitted me well, but still had a bit of room for when I gain a bit more weight as well as a nice cardigan. I bought a good vaccuum Cleaner that was on sale as well as a new dog bed for Tess. On our way home we did some grocery shopping and then got home at about 5:30 pm. I was starving so had a quick tea before taking Tess for a really quick walk.

I am feeling pretty exhausted as I have been up since about 3:30 this morning. I need to try ad get into a better sleeping pattern as at the moment I am so exhausted in the evenings so fall asleep as early as 8:30 some nights, but then I am awake early each morning. Tomorrow is my last chance to have a real rest day for a while though so I am going to make the most of it and do as little as possible, which will still involve walking Tess, tidying my house, cooking and also doing some study for my traineeship  assesment I have on Tuesday.

I hope that everyone has a fantastic weekend. Please try your best to keep believeing in and fighting for recovery! :) x Here are a few of todays meals;

Toast with cashew spread, Vanilla,Almond and apricot oats topped with 1 sliced banana

1 cheese and relish sandwich, 1 tub of apple puree and 1 tub of Vanilla LeRice 

1 Large apple, 1 apple juice and 1 marvelous creations chocolate bar

1 large bowl of vanilla icecream topped with 1 crushed flake

11 comments:

  1. Oh karly, it's so good to hear that you had got a nice day with your mum :) i really like the shoes!! ♡
    Can you enjoy your last rest day?
    I often think of you. Keep fighting! :* xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna. I often think of you too. We will have to message one another again soon on FB. <3 xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that things are going well for you! Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you that you had a good day out shopping with your mum! Try not to feel guilty about your purchases, like you said, you only bought what you needed, and you do deserve to treat yourself from time to time! I love your running shoes, I hope they're comfy and serve you well! Enjoy resting tomorrow, I hope you get a decent night's sleep too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Annie, I hope you are doing ok. I am always thinking about how you are going. Do you have any idea how much longer you will be in hospital for? x

      Delete
    2. I'm actually out of hospital now, I am backdating my posts, sorry if that is confusing at all, but I'm nearing the end of hospital posts, so I'll soon be back to 'normal' blogging in real time! Hope you're having a good Sunday! Xx

      Delete
    3. Oh I see. And how are you going? Xx

      Delete
    4. It's really difficult, every day is more than a battle, I've not left the house in about 6 weeks and I'm missing being in hospital. Apart from that it's ok I guess. Hope you're ok! Xx

      Delete
    5. Oh hun I am so sad to hear that you are struggling so much. What would you say is the thing effecting you most at the moment? Your anorexia or your BPD? Please try to look after yourself, I coudnt bare it if something happened to you. Sending lots of love from Australia. XX

      Delete
    6. I think what has happened is that since gaining some weight in hospital, my mind is starting to feel again after being starved, so I am feeling negative emotions really strongly which is triggering my BPD and depression. Does that make sense? I will be ok, I go through these phases from time to time. Aww thanks for the love, sending love to you from Wales! Xx

      Delete