Thursday 11 June 2015

Facing a fear food

I had half of my afternoon tea (an apple and an orange juice) before picking up Amy from school and then we went and got icecreams from the shop. I wanted to treat Amy to an icecream because she went to a cross country running carnival today that she did really well in and knew she would be dissapointed if I didnt have one with her. She got a rainbow swirl icecream in a waffle cone and I chose a particular icecream I have been wanting to try for years.

As long as I can remember, I have wanted to try the strawberry and white chocolate crumble magnum but have always been far too frightening for me. I have always loved Magnum Icecreams but this particular flavour has only been released since I developed anorexia. It was extremely delicous and eating it with my gorgeous sister made it an even more enjoyable.

I am so glad that I have finally mustered the courage to try this icecream and I am sure that it is just the first of many of these icecreams that I will eat. I know its hard, but facing your fear foods is a vital part of recovery and something that will get you closer to becoming recovered. The first few times you eat a fear food it may be hard, but if you are brave enough to push through this anxiety or fear, eventually eating that food won't seem scary at all.  









4 comments:

  1. Yay :D this is great Karly! I love your words "The first few times you eat a fear food it may be hard, but if you are brave enough to push through this anxiety or fear, eventually eating that food won't seem scary at all." So so so true <3 You both look so happy too xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! :) x I hope you had a good day Gorgeous <3

      Delete
  2. So proud of you!!!!! This is such a huge achievement, you should really celebrate it...by eating more ice cream?!! Well done on such a wonderful success! Xx

    ReplyDelete