Wednesday 17 June 2015

My day



Today I have had a relatively good day. I woke up at my usual 4:00 am this morning but was feeling completely energized and ready to start a new day. I knew the moment I opened my eyes that I was going to have a good day as I was feeling so happy and positive. Even when I weighed myself and saw that my weight had jumped significantly since my last weigh in, I was determined to stay positive. As soon as I got up I read some posts, wrote a blog post and then watched an episode of Hart of Dixie while I ate my breakfast.



It rained most of the night last night but luckily it had completely stopped this morning so I took Tess for a nice walk to the beach. One of the things I love about the town I live in is that there is farmland, bushland and beach all together so going for walks is always really beautiful and you never get bored of the scenery as it varies so much. I seemed to have plenty of time this morning before work so it was nice not to have to rush around getting ready. I even had enough time to cook my tea for tonight, so all I had to do when I got home was heat it up.

I really enjoyed working today and talking to all the customers. Something I love about working in customer service is that even when you are not initially in a great mood, through being polite, happy and bubbly for the customers, it actually makes you truly feel that way. Its a bit like the saying, 'If you tell yourself something often enough, you start to believe it.' Its as if through forcing a good mood and puttting on a smile, even if it is fake, eventually it becomes effortlless and natural. So I stayed in a really good mood all day.

I also felt 100% confident while I was working and had basically no anxiety which is amazing for me. Although my anxiety is never anywhere near as bad at the supermarket as it is when I work at the bank, I still do usually worry a fair bit whilst I am working at the supermarket. I usually just worry that I may accidently give incorrect change or over charge someones credit card or something like that, but today I did not have these thoughts at all. I think my problem is just that I don't have any confidence or faith in myself and my capabilities. I am really hopeful that as my confidence grows, my anxiety will also improve as I will stop doubting everything I do.



After work it wasn't raining so I took Tess for a really quick walk before having my tea. It is raining again now though which is really good. We are always in desperate need of water where I live and all of the farmers, including my family, rely a lot on the rain so that there is enough feed for our livestock. Unfortunately we often suffer from droughts where there is not enough feed or water for our animals. It is terribely sad to see animals starving in front of your eyes but there really isn't very much you can do, besides prey for rain.

For Dessert/supper tonight I had a tin of vanilla creamed rice, 1 custard tart and some grapes. I have a real sweet tooth so always really enjoy dessert, even if it does make me feel anxious or guilty afterwoods. Sometimes I worry that I may eat too many 'sugary' or 'unhealthy' foods, but these are the foods I really enjoy. I do not know if my diet would necessarly be considered healthy for a 'typical person,' but at the end of the day, someone recovering from anorexia does not really classify as a typical person. I think that as long as I eat lots of fruit and vegetables as well, it is ok for me to eat icecream, chocolate, cakes and puddings everyday too.


I hope that everyone else had a good day too! :)

4 comments:

  1. Well done Karly, this all sounds really positive! I'm so happy to hear that you are taking things in your stride, coping with your anxiety and learning to accept yourself for who you are. You deserve happiness! Love Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Laura <3 Stay strong and I promise that you will start having more and more positive days too! xx

      Delete
  2. So you found your creamy vanilla rice again 😍
    I am so proud of you, karly. You manage your weight gain sooo fantastic! How many kilos did you gain jet?
    It's a great feeling to wake up and feel full of life ❤
    I wish you a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unforunately not :( this one is just a creamed rice out of a tin which is still ok, but nowhere ner as nice as creamed vanilla LeRice.... Haha. But I am sure I will survive ;)
      I have gained 10 kilograms so far now and am feeling ok with it! I never thought I would be able to bare being 10kg heavier when I was severly underweight, but it really isn't that bad at all! :)
      Stay well Anna <3

      Delete