Monday 18 May 2015

Todays plans

It is almost 7:00 am here in Australia and I have a very busy day planned. After being at the training course all last week and then having to work all weekend at the IGA I feel as though I desperate jusr need a rest day however unfortunately this just isnt going to be possible. There is just too much I need to get done todday before starting another full week of work tomorrow. Perhaps I should just work really hard all morning so that I can get everything finished before this afternoon, so I can relax.

This morning I need to go to the bank and withdraw some money as today I am getting a new car. I needed a new car as my current car isnt very reliable and I spend over an hour travelling each day that I work at the bank. I also need to organise some car insurance while I am at the bank. Now I am an adult living out on my own, there always seems to be so much you need to think of but I believe that being completely independent is one of the best feelings. Afterall, I know that my family are still there for advice if I ever do need them.


I have a lot of house work that I will need to do today. I really do hate mess so it has been difficult for me the last few days as my house has been very untidy but I havent had the time to clean it. My bags that I bought home from Launceston last Friday night are still on my loungeroom floor and every table and bench top seems to be covered in clutter. I will be much happier once I can get the house back in order as well as vacuuming the floor.

As always I will try to get Tess for a couple of little walks today so she can burn off a bit of energy. As a 2 year old Kelpie/Collie X she has ALOT of energy so it simply wouldn't be fair to leave her tied up all day. When I was away last week I obviously didn't have Tess with me so wasn't going for walks and this made me feel very uncomfortable. This showed me that exercise is still a bit of an issue for me as I feel guilty when I dont do it. I have decided to NEVER do any more exercise then I absalutely need to do. Before I went to launceston I was still taking Tess for two half an hour walks every day which I can now see is far too much for me while I am trying to recover.

While I didnt really realise it at the time, walking Tess for a minimum of 1 hour every day was just listening to my anorexia. I was using walking Tess an a excuse or way to justify exercising but even she didnt need that much exercise. Luckily I relised this and I have now cut her walks done down to a 15 minute walk of a morning and a 20 minute walk each afternoon (so I have almost cut my walking time in half each day). Is my anorexia angry? Yes of course. Am I going to restrict my food to make up for it? DEFINETELY NOT! This is just another opportunity for me to fight my anorexia and make it weaker and me stronger.

I hope that everyone else has a great day. :) And to all those in recovery remember to keep on fighting, you ARE strong enough to do it! <3

3 comments:

  1. That's a fantastic realisation about the walking, you should be so proud of yourself for being able to realise that you shouldn't be walking so much, and be even prouder of yourself for actually taking action and cutting down your 2.5 hour walks to 15/20 minutes.Keep up the fantastic work recovery warrior! You're doing amazingly! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. <3
      I think you may have must have understood me as I was walking for 1 hour per day and not 2.5 hours. But even 1 hour is too much while in recovery and I am glad I came to this realisation too.
      Stay strong and keep fighting. :) x

      Delete
    2. Ooops sorry I read two half hour walks as two and a half hours argh my brain isn't functioning tonight! Thank you, stay strong too! X

      Delete