Thursday 28 May 2015

My favourite meal: dessert!

Tonight I made some lemon sponge puddings to have over the next week or so with vanilla icecream for dessert. Since I dont seem to have much time for baking, I usually just make packet mixes of desserts and cakes. I know it is cheating but they still taste really good which is the most important thing.


I find cooking the pudding mix in 4 separate mini pudding dishes is the best way for me to cook dessert for myself as it is mess free and also stops me feeling any anxiety about having to dish up a portion each night from one large pudding. This way I know I am always eating a substantial serving and it just allows me to enjoy what I eat without any extra anxiety.




When ever I am ready for dessert, all I have to do is get one of my mini puddings out of the fridge (or freezer), zap it in the microwave and pop some icecream on top. Other pudding I like are chocolate self saucing pudding or golden syrup pudding. Of course I also love my mini apple pies heated up and served with icecream. I also have some pre-made puddings that I bought incase I ever run out of desserts and dont have to time to cook.









Just being able to eat dessert is a huge achievement for me but to be able to say it is one of my favourite meals is even better. When I was sick I didnt think I would be able to eat dessert ever again but look at me now. Being able to eat and enjoy these types of delicious foods is just one of the many reasons I am so glad to be in recovery.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you for eating dessert, I understand what a huge achievement it must be, so you must celebrate every single mouthful you eat!! Keep fighting, you're doing so fabulously! Xx

    ReplyDelete