Monday 25 May 2015

The bucket list



On Saturday night I watched the movie, 'The bucket list.' I really enjoyed the movie as it had one of my favourite actors in it, Morgan Freeman but also because I found it really inspiring. For those of you who havent seen it, this movie is about two terminally sick men who run away in there final few months of life to try and complete a bucket list one of the men had put together.

This got me thinking about the types of things I would like to achieve before I die. some of them may not happen, and thats ok but it is nice to have dreams anyway. Having dreams keeps us looking to the future and heading in the right direction. Someone told me once that your dreams should scare you a little and that if they dont, they aren't  big enough. I had never thought like this before but now I completely agree with this.





My current bucket list (no doubt this will grow)

1. COMPLETELY RECOVER FROM ANOREXIA
2. TRAVEL TO EVERY OTHER CONTINENT AT LEAST ONCE (BESIDES MAYBE               ANTARTICA)
3. MEET ATLEAST ONE OF THE PEOPLE WHO I HAVE GOTTEN TO KNOW THROUGH BLOGGING AND WHO HAS HELPED ME THROUGH MY RECOVERY SO FAR
4. FIND AN AMAZING GUY WHO LOVES ME FOR WHO I TRULY AM
5. HAVE CHILDREN WHO ARE PROUD TO CALL ME THEIR MUM
6. HELP OTHERS WHO ARE BATTLING ANOREXIA TO BELIEVE THAT THEY ARE         STRONG ENOUGH TO RECOVER
7. FIND A WAY TO LET MY DAD KNOW JUST HOW MUCH HE MEANS TO ME
8. LEARN TO EAT INTUITIVELY AND TREAT MY BODY WITH THE RESPECT IT             DESERVES
9. GO ON A BLIND DATE
10. TO HAVE THE CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF TO DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHING
11. TO LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND LIKE WHAT I SEE
12. GO ON A ROADTRIP RIGHT AROUND AUSTRALIA
13. STAND ON TOP OF THE EIFFEL TOWER
14. SWIM WITH DOLPHINS
15. CREATE OR BUY MY DREAM HOME
16. GO TO DISNEY LAND
17. TO MEND WHATS BROKEN BETWEEN ME AND MY MUM
18. TO RAISE AWARENESS OF EATING DISORDERS AND BREAKDOWN THE STIGMAS SURROUNDING THEM
19. BE A REGULAR VOLUNTEER FOR A CHARITY OR IMPORTANT ORGANISATION
20. DROVE CATTLE ON HORSE BACK THROUGH THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK OR       THROUGH THE SNOWY MOUNTAINS



No comments:

Post a Comment