Saturday 2 May 2015

Saturday update + todays meals

Amy and I had a nice relaxing morning this morning. She always shows a lot of interest in my blog and was really excited when I asked her if she wanted to write a post to publish on my blog. She wrote most of it while I was out walking Tess this morning and I helped her edit it when I got back. It made me sad to see how much my anorexia has effected her but also grateful that she loves me so much despite my illness. Amy and I are incredibely close and I dont think my anorexia has ever come between us. In fact if anything it has made us closer as it has made us realse just how important we are to one another. Sometimes it is easy to get caught up thinking about how our eating disorders effect our lives and we forget how it effects the people we love. Amy is one of the main people that I fight my anorexia for everyday. I want to recover so that I can be the big sister that she deserves to have.

I have spent a lot of the day resting which has felt really good. Amy went home just after lunch and since then I have written a few blog posts, watched some grays anatomy, taken Tess for another tiny walk and watched tv. At the moment I am watching the movie Dear John. I was really tired after tea so actually got a couple of hours sleep before Dear John started. I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake while watching it otherwise. I havent seen this movie since back in 2010 but I remember loving it when I saw it. It feels so strange to think back to times before I got sick. I cant even remember what it was like to be normal anymore.  It seems like it has been forever since a time that my life didn't revolve around food, weight and my anorexia. I still cant imagine what it will be like to oneday be free of my anorexia again, all I do know is that it will be the most wonderful feeling in the world.

The foods I eat on the weekends are usually a bit different then what I have during the week as I dont have to worry about packing my lunch up to take to work and have more time to cook in the evenings. 

2 slices of toast with honey nut spread, 1 bowl of sweet cinnamon and apple oats

1 banana Up And Go and 1 chocolate muffin


2 slices of fresh bread with butter, cheese and tomato relish, 1 chocolate snak pak and 1 extra large sliced banana

1 violet crumble, 1 large pear and 1 small banana

1 chicken breast schnitzel, baked tomato dish and oven cooked chips

1 orange, 1 white hot chocolate and 2 macadamia and white chocolate chip cookies

I hope that everyone has had an amazing Saturday and that your Sunday is as equally amazing! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wooow *_* such yummy yummy meeeeeeals you ate today Karly :) you can be so happy about it ;) and to sum up and comment on some of your latest posts ;) I really must say they honestly touched my heart, because they simply are so so true and I feel the same in so so many ways :) According to your sister, I must say this is so beautiful to read and it is really touching what a great relation you both share and it is so brave of you both to fight for each other ;) this truly shows what family means and how important it is to get support from beloved ones in our fight for recovery and health :) so sweet *_*
    Also I wanted to thank you for the posts about the rituals and common things anorexic people have in common and share :( this was really scary for me to read, because all you say is so true and I feel the same in so many ways :) all those habits like the rituals while eating are so much the same for me and I agree totally that we concretely have to fight against them ;) this is so important for becoming happy again ;)
    So I hope you have a lovely weekend ;) and enjoy your days ;) as I am currently in hospital I hope the sun shines at the other end of the world more than here ;) wish me luck i will soon be able to leave :)
    xxx Ange <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ange, its so lovely to hear from you and I am so sorry to hear that you are in hospial. How are you coping with eating the hospital food. Is it making you anxious? even though I am moving forward in my recovery everyday I would find losing the control of my food like this incredibely difficult.

      Thanks so much for taking the time to read all my posts. It means so much to me. And thanks for your thoughtful comments about each post. I love hearing this type of feedback.

      I hope you will be well enough to go home soon. Hospital is never any fun. Have they worked out what caused the problem with your eye?

      keep fighting gorgeous girl
      <3 karly xx

      Delete
    2. Hiiii Karly gal <3 ;) thaaaanks so much for the wishes :) they really mean so much to me ;) Oh yes at first it was quite hard to deal with the food and also the meal times (which are so early anyway =)) but I honestly forced myself to keep calm and arrange with the situation, because imagining being in a hospital for ED reasons would be much worse for me :( I try to do my best :) even though the medication and all the loss of control and habits is really not easy for me :) so wish me luck I will get out as soon as possible :)
      Oh no problem ;) I honestly looooove reading your posts and they are so helpful and I really enjoy your style of writing ;) you seem like such an adorable person ;)
      No unfortunately they haven´t found the true reason of the problem yet, but I am still having so many check up results to wait for ;) hopefully this will be fast ;)
      Thaaaanks for giving me hope and strength ;) keep your fight up as well ;) I am so proud of you making all the changes your up to at the moment ;)
      <3 xxx Ange

      Delete