Sunday 3 May 2015

30 day recovery challenge

I found this recovery challenge at this website and decided to give it a go. I have never done a blog challenge before but I thought that this one was super relevant to my blog and had some excellent questions. Feel free to do it yourself or to comment your answers beneath my challenge post each day. Since I already have lots of other posts to write today, I wont start the challenge until tomorrow. :)

30 day recovery challenge


I made this challenge because I really wanted to do one! However, the only ones I could find were so specific about eating disorders or self harm. So I decided to make one that is really general, so anyone in recovery can do it!
I added questions from assignments I have been given from my addiction counselor. a few questions are inspired by the 12 steps. I also generalized a few questions from other recovery challenges.
this is how it will work: once a day, please answer the question! if any are too personal or you are not comfortable answering, skip it! you can start or stop the challenge at anytime.
**if you decide to participate in the recovery challenge, please tag you answers withbelieveinrecovery so i can check out and/or reblog your answers! 
  • Day 1- Write a letter to your addiction (‘drug of choice’) or your disorder.
  • Day 2 - What have you done to help yourself with your addiction/disorder? 
  • Day 3 - List 3 things you like about yourself.
  • Day 4 - Have you emotionally harmed anyone (besides yourself) with your addiction/disorder? If so, how? 
  • Day 5 - How do you want to be remembered?
  • Day 6 - Write a letter to someone who has harmed you or has made you feel bad.
  • Day 7 - What are 2 things you want? What are 2 things you need?
  • Day 8 - If you could go back in time (before your addiction/disorder) what would you tell yourself?
  • Day 9 - Who do you look up to? Why?
  • Day 10 - List 5 goals you have for yourself, short-term or long-term.
  • Day 11 - What motivated you to enter recovery?
  • Day 12 - What are 3 things you would like to change about yourself?
  • Day 13 - Have your struggles changed you? For better or worse? Why?
  • Day 14 - Think about yourself one year ago, how have you changed?
  • Day 15 - When you are triggered, what do you tell yourself to calm down?
  • Day 16 - List 5 things you are grateful for.
  • Day 17 - What in your life has improved since you entered recovery?
  • Day 18 - Have you found a Higher Power (doesn’t have to be religious)? If so, what is it? If not, do you have any beliefs?
  • Day 19 - What is the hardest thing you had to give up because of your disorder/addiction?
  • Day 20 - Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
  • Day 21 - What was your 'rock bottom’? How did you overcome it?
  • Day 22 - Favorite quote(s) to live by?
  • Day 23 - How would you deal if your (future?) child had your addiction/disorder? What would you say to them?
  • Day 24 - Has having a Tumblr helped or hurt your recovery? Why?
  • Day 25 - What/who in your life makes you smile ear to ear? Why?
  • Day 26 - What would you say to someone if they told you 'I give up on my recovery. It’s too hard.’?
  • Day 27 - Tell us a story about yourself in the midst of your addiction/disorder. It can be positive or negative.
  • Day 28 - What do you feel is your greatest strength?
  • Day 29 - What are some of your favorite recovery blogs or sites?
  • Day 30 - What is the best part about being in recovery?

2 comments:

  1. Izzy has left a new comment on your post "30 day recovery challenge":

    Hi Karly (I've just been reading your A-Z facts page that's how I know your name!) I found your blog around three days ago and I fallen in love with reading it! You're such a brave person for going for recovery and I believe in you 110%!! I would follow your blog but I can't find how to do it? I don't know if that's just me being stupid haha...Have a nice day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izzy. Thanks for commenting on my post and for your kind words. I am really glad you are enjoying my blog and am really happy to see you have just started your own. Blogging seriously saved my life and is the best decision I have ever made in terms of my recovery so I think you are doing a wonderful thing. :) dont worry, I got confused about 'following' as well. I think to follow someone you need to add them to your reading list (well thats what google told me anyway ;))
      Good luck with your blog and your recovery and I hope to hear from you soon.:) x

      Delete