Tuesday 12 May 2015

Day 9: Who do you look up to? Why?

My role model over the last few years would have to be Izzy from 'A life without anorexia.' When I first found Izzys blog I went back to her very earliest post and read every post she ever wrote in the order they were written. This allowed me to see Izzys transition from being really sick to being fully recovered. Seeing this was incredibely important for me as it showed me that recovery was possible, something I had never believed before.

The whole time I was watching Izzy recover I admired her so much for her bravery and strength but I was still not ready to do the same myself. I didnt truly want to change the way I was living yet and didnt think I was strong enough to make these changes. When Izzy was declared healthy I was so proud of her but it wasn't until more recently that she has really inspired me to recover myself. Watching Izzy live her life to the fullest makes me realise just how much I am missing out on. I no longer want my life to be centred around my illness, I want to be free.

The advice Izzy posts has also inspired me enormously and helped me with my recovery so far. I think the reason I have been able to listen to Izzy better than any one else is because I know she has been where I am and that she understands what is going on in my head. Since starting to blog myself I now realise how much time and energy goes into a blog, which is just another reason why I look up to Izzy. I think that anyone who puts as much time into  helping others as Izzy does is a true inspiration.

Izzy is one of the kindest, strongest and most courageous people I have ever known and it is because of these qualities I look up to her. Izzy has shown me that while recovery is hard, it is definetely worth it. Words simply cannot describe how thankful I am to have Izzy to look up to. She has been the person who has inspired me to start my recovery and I honestly dont think I would be where I am today if it wasnt for her.

So Thank you Izzy, for sharing your recovery journey so openly with us and inspiring us in our own recoveries every single day. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment