Tuesday 19 May 2015

Day 16: List 5 things you are greatful for

1. The wonderful relationship I have with my dad

Throughout my entire life my dad has been the one person who I could always rely on. Even when I got really sick he never stopped believing in me and supporting me. He helped me more than anyone could, not by yelling or telling me to eat, but my letting me know he loved me every single day. I honestly dont know where I would be without my dad. I dont know what I did to deserve such a wonderful man as my dad but for this I will always be incredibly grateful.


2. Our online blogging community

I am so grateful for the recovery community that I am a part of. Before I started reading recovery blogs, I felt completely alone and felt as though recovery was impossible. Reading recovery blogs has shown me that recovery is possible however and has offered me so much helpful advice about how to actually get better. So I am grateful for every person who is a part of our online recovery community. To other blog authors, to the people who read my blog and to those who leave motivational comments. I am so grateful for each and every one of you as you make me feel like I am a part of something truly wonderful and something worth fighting for.


3. That I realised I needed to change before it was too late

I am very grateful for the moment I actually realised I would die if I didnt change the way I was living. I was laying in bed, completely exhausted after a day of exercising and eating very little. I was frozen, despite the fact that I had my electric blanket on high but didnt have the energy to go and put another layer of clothes on. For some reason I suddenly wondered what my heart rate would be. I lifted two of my fingers to my neck and started the timer on my phone. My heart rate was only 30 beats per minute. I suddenly felt terrified as I knew my heart rate was way too low. As I fell asleep that night, I made a promise to myself that if I actually woke up the next morning, I would try to change.

4. For living in such a safe and fortunate country

If you think about it, the circumstances you are born into is purely based on luck. I could have been born into an african family who were incredibely poor, without even having enough food to keep me alive. Just as I could have been born as a member of a family living in israel or Iraq, where I would be put in dangerous life threatening situations every single day. I feel very grateful to be an Australian as I have never had to worry about extreme poverty or living within war zones. I know that I need to recover so that I make the most of this wonderful life I have been given.

5. The fact that I can now eat delicious foods

I know it sounds stupid but after denying myself of eating for so long, I feel very grateful for now being able to eat nice foods again. I didnt realise just how much I loved food until I stopped eating it. When I was really sick, I accepted the fact that I would never be able to eat nice foods again, but now I am eating them every single day and for this I am very grateful.

My dessert tonight: chocolate self saucing pudding with vanilla icecream

No comments:

Post a Comment