Monday 7 September 2015

A few worries creeping in

Today I have woken up with a little bit of worry and anxiety about what I  ate and drank over the weekend. I know that this is no big deal and that as long as I dont act on any of my thoughts they will soon pass and everything will be fine. I guess in a way getting these thoughts has been good in a way as it has reminded me that I still am in recovery and that I  cant stop trying to recover until I am fully recovered.

I  have been thinking about how much weight I may have gained over the weekend but I am not going to let that change how I eat today or any other day because really it doesnt matter if I did gain some weight over the weekend. Having a fun weekend where you eat a bit more the usual is a normal part of life and I know that I just need to trust my body to work everything else out. And even though I feel as though I look bigger now,  I know that this is just all in my head.

I just need to keep reminding myself that even if I have gained a tiny bit  of weight, there is  still nothing wrong with my body and how it looks. I am healthy and that is all that really matters. I am feeling full of energy so I plan to take Tess for a nice big walk this morning before I go to work. Hopefully my work day goes nice and fast and I am home again before I know it.

2 comments:

  1. Its great you recognise these are just thoughts - destroying ones. Its how you cope with them. You have come so far in your journey. Saw your photo with your friends - you are gorgeous. Others still see you are still slim. But we never see that ourselves. I'll keep you in my prayers today. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat differently on different days so even if you did eat a little bit more over the weekend, your weight probably won't change because it's life to eat more and less on different days, so eating less now your weight will just be your usual! I hope I made sense, it makes sense in my head but doesn't seem to make sense reading what I wrote. My head's a bit fuzzy today, sorry Karly if I made no sense! Let those worries flow away, don't let them take over. You're doing ok, just keep swimming! Xx

    ReplyDelete