Wednesday 2 September 2015

Feeling like a normal girl

In a way, I really do feel as though I am recovered sometimes. I mean, occassionally I still have thoughts and feelings in regards to eating too much or gaining weight but dont all girls have these types of thoughts? It is a bit weird to think that someone cant really be classed as 'fully recovered' from an eating disorder until they don't think negatively at all, but the truth is, non anorexic people think like this too.

Don't get me wrong, I would rather be fully recovered one day and be completely free of these thoughts however I dont think I should beat myself up over still having them sometimes as they really are quite normal. I no longer feel as though I am suffering from anorexia 95% of the time. I just feel like a normal girl who can be a little insecure about my body at times.

I am a healthy weight and no longer have any real fear foods. While there are some foods that would still make me a little uncomfortable, I know I could still eat anything and be able to cope ok. So I guess that what I am trying to say is that I hope I can continue to make recovery progress, but I no longer feel the need to do that so much as I really am happy living the way I am and I really do feel normal.

My anorexia is no longer interfering with my life or stopping me from doing anything I want to do.  I am just so so happy that I put in the work and pushed through the pain that making recovery progress entailed as I can honestly say that living like this was worth every bit of that pain. Looking back, I really cant believe I actually lived that way for so many years but one thing is for sure, I am never going back to that place.

Please, don't waste anymore of your life being anorexic. You deserve so much more then to live like that and you really can change, whenever you choose too. You just need to believe you can and fight with everything you've got. I am proof that it is possible everyone!

4 comments:

  1. You are inspiring karly. I so want to be where you are. I feel I'm not strong enough. Do I want recovery bad enough to push through. Theses thoughts go through my head. Keep it up and enjoy freedom and life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sonya. I promise you, you are strong enough and it is worth it. You just have to believe in yourself <3 xx

      Delete
  2. You are such an amazing inspiration to me Karly! Your tenacious fight is magnificent and I am in awe of you all the time! I know that the more you fight this thing, the better and better you will get, freer of the few thoughts you have left. Sending you loads of love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost cried while I read this post.

    ReplyDelete