Saturday 5 September 2015

A lot can happen in a year..

Over the past year, everything has changed. I am proud to say that I have transformed my life and am now living and enjoying life. All I can say is that once you get to the other end of recovery, all the hard work and pain that is associated with recovery is DEFINITLY worth it.

I thought I would compare how I spent my last birthday to how I am going to spend this one, to show how far I have actuqlly come in the past 12 months.

5/9/2014
-I had just dropped out of uni and didn't have a job
-I had no Idea were my life was headed and was feeling miserable and depressed because of this
-Was living at home and fighting terribly with my mum
-Didnt have a single friend so stayed home all day alone
-family members came and visited but I wasnt very sociable
-didnt allow myself to eat anything nice, or special for my birthday
-was too frightened to eat any more then my usual calories and needed to know EXACTLY how many calories I ate
-my parents wouldnt have even suggested going out for a meal as I would have freaked out
-All I did was sit around  the house all day and go for my usual 10 kilometre walk around our farm
-my bmi was only 14 and I still hated my body


5/9/2015
-I work full time and do so healthily and happily
-I love my life and have finally realised what truly matters in life
-I am now living out on my own and have a great relationship with all my family members
-I have some great friends who I am going to celebrebrate with tonight
-had dinner with my wonderful  family last night and everyone had a fantastic time
-I have eaten and will continue to eat lots of delicious foods Whilst celebrating my birthday with minimal guilt and hardly any anorexic thoughts.
-have no idea how many calories I ate yesterday and how many I will eat today but I honestly dont care!
-had zero anxiety about going out for dinner last night and ordering exactly what I felt like. I am eating out for both lunch and tea again today and cant wait!
-I didnt go for a single walk yesterday and only plan to take Tess for a single walk today. I dont feel guilty for not exercising when life gets busy!
-My bmi is now 19 and I actually dont mind how I look. I am the happiest I have been with  my body in a very long time.


2 comments:

  1. You really have come so far! I am so happy for you, that's Amazing, keep it up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liberty. I couldn't have done it without all of my beatiful readers, including yourself. Xx

      Delete