Sunday 27 September 2015

Another great day

Today has been another great day. We went down stairs and had a delicious all you could eat continental breakfast. I had fruit salad, yogurt and also some buttered toasted fruit loaf (aka Raison toast). After that we went and did a litle more shopping at KMART. Whhich is a shop in Australia that sells basically everything. I bought a new phone case, some new plates and bowls (as I never have enough crockery when I have people over) as well as a mindfullness colourring in book and some crayola twistable pencils. I have wanted an adult colouring in book for ages but they were always sold out wherever I looked so I was so happy to find one. 

We then went to a supermarket where I did quite a big grocery shop. I stocked up on frozen meals which were really cheap and also bought some nice treats like yoghurts, rice puddings and snacks that aren't available in Swansea which was good. I know that eating frozen meals is probably quite laazy but I honestly think that they taaste amazing and they are so easy for me to cook with some extra vegetables when I get home late from work. Before we started our long journey home we went to Wendys where we both got a thick shake. It was the first thick shake I have had for about 4 years and it tasted amazing!

On the way home we listened to music and the tri didn't seem to take too long. After driving all around tthe city of Launceston, I left feeling totally confident about doing it again in the future. I guess that this just shows that the only way to overcome your fears and anxieties is by being brave and concquereing them. I used to be erriified about driving in any city but now after doing in 3 times it no longer akes me nervous at all. The next thing I need too try and do is driving in Hobart which is a bit carier fr me as I don't know Hobart as well and it seems to be a bit busier.

I dropped Jemma off but we planned for me to go and meet her later that afternoon to take our dogs for a walk. After having a quick lunch I firstly went and saw my mum and also bought a new pair of shorts as the ones I was wearing were too small. I didn't realise that they didn't fit anymore until I started walking as they kept riding up and it made them too short. These particular shorts were actually to big this time last year so it feels strange for them to no longer fit me. I know that this is not a bad thing though, it just shows that I am now healthy. Afterall, they were only a size 14 in childrens so I therefore shouldn't be able to fit into them.

I walked Tess to meet up with Jemma and then we went on a HUGE walk. It was really warm and sunny and both us and our dogs really ejoyed ourselves. We had an icecream at the shop before I took her home and then came back to my place. I feel as though I have so much to do before I go back to work tomorrow but I really cant be bothered doing anything. I just had my tea which was special fried rice and vegetables (in one of my new bowls) and now I am trying to get myself motivated to unpack my suitcase and shopping, have a shower, tidy up and get ready for bed. It has been a huge weekend but also an amazing one. It is times like these that I really love being so far along in my recovery as I know that I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself like this is I was still sick.


Jemma and I in our  Lee Kernaghan Tank tops before out walk


Tess and I when we got back from our walk


Tea


4 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you, Karly! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an awesome weekend! You've done amazingly. I've only been to them a few times, but oh man, hotel buffet breakfasts are the greatest.
    I have a couple of coloring books - one amazing animal one, and one that's full of mandalas and patterns. I was stumped on where to find them initially, but my mum found heaps at the newsagency, and I think proper book stores carry some too.
    Love the photos :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bella, it really was a great and memorable weekend. :) X I hope you are doing ok? <3

      Delete