Sunday 6 September 2015

Best Birthday ever

I have had such a good birthday! I am feeling totally exhausted of course after my huge weekend, but I just wanted to let everyone know how my birthday went. My friend picked me up at about 11am yesterday morning and we had a lovely trip to the City. It took almost 2 hours however it didnt feel that long at all as we get along incredibely well so chatted constantly. As soon as we arrived in Hobart we headed straight to the honey badger cafe For lunch. I had the queen bee pancakes and they were so yummy! An old friend also met up with us for lunch who which was really nice.


After lunch we started looking for a dress for me to wear out. I was incredibely lucky as I found a gorgeous dress that I really loved in the first shop we went too. It was blue and white and not too expensive which was great. I also got a new pair of white heels which I really loved. We did a bit more shopping as well and I found some nice new clothes. When we finished shopping we grabbed a smoothie and headed to meet up with the other girl we were going out with that night.

We ended up being in a massive rush and had hardly any time to get ready but it didnt matter as everyone looked great anyway. We arrived at the restaurant where we had our dinner reservation and were seated at our tables. For tea I ordered baked kingfish with garlic gnocci in a neaopollatine sauce. We also ordered a bottle of sparkling pinot noir which was incredibely delicious. The wine was actually pale pink in colour and was infused with berry flavours. I havent really eaten out at nice restaurants before so I was amazed by how good the food was. It was possibly the nicest meal I habe ever had in my life.

After dinner we went straight to a night club where we had a few shots and did a bit of dancing. 
We stayed out drinking and dancing until about 2:00am when we headed back to where we were staying. Once we got there we just ate some snacks and chatted before going to bed. I was expecting to wake up feeling sick and hung over but luckily I didnt at all. Besides feeling a little tired, I felt great. We went out for brunch and I had a savoury chicken, pesto, capsicum and mushroom crepe which was delicious also. I have never really eaten that kind of food out before either so I really enjoyed it. We started the long drive back to Swansea at about 1pm were home again before we knew it.

When I got home I basically went straight up to my parents house so that I could visit my dad as it is fathers day today. I gave him his present which he was quite happy with and we sat and talked for a couple of hours, just the two of us which was really nice. I honestly believe that my dad is the most wonderful person in the world and I always love spending time with him so this was a great way to spent the afternoon. I didnt get home until quite late so I just cooked myself some tea and am now going to relax for the rest of the night. I will try and get a good nights sleep so that I am well rested for work in the morning after my huge weekend.


3 comments:

  1. I am so thrilled for you reading this post! I feel like I want to live vicariously through you! You're doing so much lately and I'm so proud of and pleased for you! I'm so happy you managed to celebrate a wonderful birthday and I hope you have many more outings like these in the future! You're an inspiration for recovery, you truly are! Have a great rest! Take care xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for being so happy for me Annie. You are such a wonderful person! You will be doing all of these types of things one day too Annie, I just know it! Sending lots of love. Xxx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an awesome way to spend your birthday! My goodness, those pancakes look delish. Very fancy! Dinner sounds amazing too. I know it can't have been easy, but you took the challenge head-on and won.

    Take care <3
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete