Monday 14 September 2015

Eating when I dont feel hungry

At the moment, I still force myself to eat practically the same amount every single day no matter how hungry I may or may not be. Lately, my appetite really has not been very good at all so I just feel as thoug I am constantly forcing food into myself all day every day. Something I wonder about is, when can I actually start just listening to my body like a normal person does and no longer force myself to eat the same amount all the time no matter what.

If a normal person is feeling unwell or not hungry, they will not always eat as much as they usually do. This does not necesarily lead to them losing weight or anything like that. It is just a part of a normal diet as far as I can tell. Sometimes people eat more or less then usual but fortunately our bodies can deal with that without anything drastic happening. And this is exactly what I would like to be able to do too.

I am getting to the stage now that I am feeling ready to start eating more intuitively but I just don't know if it is too soon. I am weight restored so no longer need to worry about gaining anymore weight but don't know if beginning to eat intuitively would be a bad decision at this stage in my recovery. I guess that the reason I am struggling is because sometimes I have an extra big lunch or something like that, which leads to me not being hungry for my usual sized afternoon tea. Other days I really just dont have a great appetite.

Perhaps a good idea would be to continue eating my 3 main meals (Breakfast, lunch and tea) as normal but then allowing myself to eat intuitively for my snacks most days. I suppose I can see how it goes anyway and if it doesn't work out in the first couple of weeks for me to do this, I can go back to eating more set amounts for a while longer. Atleast that way I know I am getting a god amount of nutritious food in for my main meals and it therefore shouldbe ok for me to just eat what I feel like for snacks.

I think that the most important thing to remember about eating intuitively is that this does not only mea eating less when you are not quite as hungry, it also involves eating more if you are extra hungry. So while it may be ok for me to not eat quite as much one day if I am not hungry, I also need to be strong enough to eat some extra food on days that I am particularly hungry. I think that doing this will be the most challenging part of eating intuiutively however it is a challenge that I am wiling to face.

No comments:

Post a Comment